x

Fat Cow Weebly Editor/Platform

Hello,

So I have had a FREE Weebly Site hosted by Fat Cow now for a while. Basically it was just a landing page and that was fine. I currently have the need to build a site with various e commerce features as well as other ones.  The ONLY way I can access/edit/build my site is through my Fat Cow control panel.

While on the Weebly website (their site not mine)  just looking around I noticed many other edit/build options available than are available to me when I access my site via Fat Cow. I though perhaps Fat Cows editor version is just old or maybe its a different type if free account.

I then created an account DIRECTLY through Weebly and choose a non e commerce, free account to see if the editor options were the same for the free account or the features I was noticing were only available for an upgraded account. They were available for the free account things like apps, calender and others. 

Basically Fat Cow is offering a watered down/old version for the SAME type of Free accounts and Ive recently spoke with a tec at Fat Cow that says even if I upgrade to a paid Weebly site THROUGH Fat Cow the platform/editing options are going to remain different than what Weebly had through their site.

So here is my question. How do I gain access to the additional features of the build/edit option available through Weebly? Essentally I guess Im asking how I can move that site to Weebly directly and use their site editing features? 

Im ready to build out this site and I dont want to continue to build in the Fat Cow version with many less options. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Hey there, 

I have not personally seen one of the reseller platforms, but I do believe you are right in saying the same features are not available. Unfortunately, there is no way to move a website from one platform to the other. You would have to rebuild the site through the Weebly account you created. 

Which additional features are you wanting to access?

Message 2 of 6

Thank you but after this indecent I have decided to go with Wix.
Message 3 of 6

@Unofornaio:  You will not like it, but the plain truth is you will have to ditch Fat Cow and have hosting though Weebly.  Weebly is not going to give Fat Cow access to their premium features which they in turn can under cut them in hosting price.

Message 4 of 6

Thank you,

Ive decided the simple fact this issue has arisen is enough to turn me off to Weebly. Thank you for responding. 

Message 5 of 6
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @Unofornaio

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

Message 6 of 6