x

Forced desktop edition when using www-cloaking

Hi,

I just published my site revelosninger.weebly.com (its in Norwegian). I have bought a .no domain name (www.revelosninger.no) and enabled www-forwarding and cloaking. 

When I enter the www.revelosninger.no address I'm being brought to the desktop version of my site which is kinda inconvenient on mobile phones. It doesn't look good on a small screen. But when I enter the weebly domain-name, it shows the mobile version correctly.

How can I force my site to show the correct version when www-cloaking is enabled?

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hm.. haven't heard of this before. Why don't you just connect your domain name to your Weebly site? You can update the site name from the Settings tab in Weebly. Then you would need to point your domain's a-records to our IP address: 199.34.228.77

Log into your domain manager and change these two settings to the number above. It can sometimes take 24-48 hours for those changes to update and also don't forget to publish your site. You can even wait to publish until you are sure the domain is pointing properly to Weebly. 

That should solve your problem for you! Smiley Happy

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Best Answer

Hm.. haven't heard of this before. Why don't you just connect your domain name to your Weebly site? You can update the site name from the Settings tab in Weebly. Then you would need to point your domain's a-records to our IP address: 199.34.228.77

Log into your domain manager and change these two settings to the number above. It can sometimes take 24-48 hours for those changes to update and also don't forget to publish your site. You can even wait to publish until you are sure the domain is pointing properly to Weebly. 

That should solve your problem for you! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5

Been away a few days...

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this solution out.

Message 3 of 5

Yup, this solved the problem!

Thanks for the help 🙂

Message 4 of 5
Square

Awesome! Glad to hear. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5