x

How do I remove the store and just have a website?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

I signed up and started with an e-store, then realized that I'd rather go with a website, not a store. I can't seem to choose when starting a new site, I can only choose estores. I deactivated my account in an attempt to start over but I can't use the same email address. Looks like I'm stuck with an e-store. Is there any way to change this? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 93
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Any online store website, whether it was made with the classic Weebly editor or the newer Square Online editor can be used purely for a website.

To remove the store features from the website, open your site in the website editor and remove any store pages from your navigation. With the classic editor you can do that by deleting pages on the pages tab. With the Square Online editor, click on the Pages dropdown, then click on the Edit Navigation link at the bottom and then remove store-related items.

Next, go to the dashboard and Settings > Checkout and turn off accepting online orders. This will prevent anyone from being able to order anything should they happen to have a link to a product page.

If you have the Square Online editor would rather use the classic Weebly editor, go to Weebly.com and create an account; choose the option that you just want a website/don't want to sell online and that will get you the classic editor. Note that you'll need to use a different email address than the one you used for the Square Online account.

View Best Answer >

Message 79 of 93
92 REPLIES 92
Square

I'll send you a PM to follow up, @Jwph.

Message 88 of 93

Thanks, Adam. 
I have no idea where PM is going.  I got the email for what yo do but when I try to creat a new account I get an error message.  
I opened a new account with a new email but I don't want to send that to a public space. I can't tell if I am replying to a private space or the public forum. 

please advise. 

Message 88 of 93
Square

Adam sent you a private message on here. Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, then click on Message to view. 

Message 88 of 93

Hello, I too signed up for an online store via square but was not aware that I wouldn't be able to add apps or modifications. I need to attach my printful account, and I'm not able to. I have already paid for the first month's subscription as well as connected my domain. I would like to be able to switch to a regular website option, so I may merge my app with my website.  I have read a few replies, and im not sure what steps to take. How do I proceed in this case?

Message 94 of 93
Square

You'll need to sign up for a new account, @PinkCloverInks and @Pablo09, then contact our support team from your Square Online account and ask them to move your paid services over to the new account. Make sure that you choose the option that you just want a website/don't want to sell right now when signing up on Weebly.com.

Message 94 of 93

I would like to change my account from the new editor to the old one. I would like to keep using the same email. Is it possible if you could help me delete my weebly and square up account so I am able to sign up using the correct option this time?

Message 94 of 93
Square

I can do that for you, @benitezh. I'll send you a PM.

Message 94 of 93

I've tried to create a new weebly website using two different email addresses.  Each time I try it takes me to the ecommerce square editor with no option to pick a non-ecommerce site.  So I now have two sites that are both ecommerce and what I wanted was a blog site with the ability to use themes.  How do I get these addresses cleared and create just a blog site on weebly.com rather than square?

Message 94 of 93
Square

Welcome to the Community, @BakaNeko59 - thanks for making your first post.

When you sign up, make sure you pick the option that you just want a website / don't want to sell right now (you can still sell, this just affects which website editor you get). Note that it will still send you to Square to make a Square account either way, but it will send you back to Weebly afterward.

Message 94 of 93