x

How to I increase the size of my logo and make it bigger?

[Note: The title of this post has been updated by a moderator.]

I have uploaded my logo as a .png but it won't let me enlarge it.  Every time I edit the logo and drag it outwards to enlarge, the image size in the top RH corner of the page shows the logo size is increasing but when I click Save it just springs back and reverts to its previous tiny size - hardly visible!

Message 1 of 112
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It sounds like you're using a theme which has the site logo in the navigation bar.  These themes will keep the size of the image within certain bounds to prevent it from breaking the display.  We do have themes which have the logo separate from the site navigation, and it you switch to one of those it should work how you want it.

As far as increasing the logo size with CSS changes, it is possible to do that though it will be specific to the theme. For example, there's a thread on increasing the logo size with Birdseye.

If you have the Square Online editor, you can adjust the size by clicking on your header, clicking on logo on the left, then using the slider to change the size. 

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 112
111 REPLIES 111

When I add my logo to the header it appears tiny. 

I am using the Unite theme and the size of my logo is 3000 x 1149.  I've resized it every which way but nothing works. 

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. 

Caroline 

Message 2 of 112

Hi there @CarrieO

The logo size is controlled by the theme currently, a lot of themes restrict the size of the logo in order to ensure that it will resize well across the mobile website. Changing themes will allow you modify the logo size but each theme is a bit different.

Message 3 of 112

I'm trying to resize my logo. I understand that the theme controls the size...is there a way to adjust it? The theme is making my logo ridiculously small. I have a very horizontal logo/transparent png so it should fit nicely. 

Message 4 of 112

This is a problem for me as well. I like the theme I'm currently using (Clean Lines) and would rather not switch. However, the header is extremely limiting; it only allows for one type of font and one size of font, even though I'd really like a sub-header beneath my site's title in a smaller font.

Are there any themes that allow for a bigger logo/graphic in the header, as well as multiple fonts in the same header? I noticed "Import Theme" is an option, could that solve this problem? Are there any other workarounds where one can insert a graphic so it appears on every page in the appropriate size?

Message 5 of 112
Square

Themes that offer the most room for a logo are those that don't have the logo in the navigation bar.  A couple examples:

https://www.weebly.com/themes/merch-theme/641097947182403262

https://www.weebly.com/themes/merch-theme/638691652512544728

Message 6 of 112

Thanks for providing those examples, Adam.   Is there a way that I can check the "About" information for each of the themes?   I can't seem to find the navigation to get there.   It would be helpful to see which themes have which features.  (I'll also post this question separately_

Thanks,

Lisa - 27May16

Message 7 of 112
Square

@Lisa-S wrote:

Thanks for providing those examples, Adam.   Is there a way that I can check the "About" information for each of the themes?   I can't seem to find the navigation to get there.   It would be helpful to see which themes have which features.  (I'll also post this question separately_

Thanks,

Lisa - 27May16

If you scroll down on the links I provided it lists some of the features of the theme.  This is a screenshot of features for Journey as an example:

Message 8 of 112

Is there any way to change the other themes logo size options ? 

From the zoom section it can be changed at oldies. 

Now I couldn't change the logo size at which theme I think to use. 

We have moved the studio and we have to the big differences at the web site but we couldn't do that all because of this logo size problem. 

Message 9 of 112

You should be able to do that with the HTML suggested in the post below.

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 10 of 112

where in the theme can i find the size of the logo to upload? Can't seem to find that beta in my theme anywhere!

Thanks

Message 11 of 112
Square

@verteessentials wrote:

where in the theme can i find the size of the logo to upload? Can't seem to find that beta in my theme anywhere!

Thanks

You an usually find the size of the logo image from the live site, @verteessentials. What site are you working on?

Message 12 of 112

So if we have an issue with the logo being too small.... you reccomend changing themes for an entire website that's been built on a specific theme already? Very helpful.. Great solution from the folks at Weebly.

Message 13 of 112

I have just solved this issue for myself in the Clean Lines Theme (I love this theme too and didn't want to switch).

To make it so the logo does not look so tiny on mobile sites you have to edit the theme code as follows:

1.  Select the theme and click Edit HTML/CSS;

2.  Search for "@media (max-width:992px){"

3.  Search for the next ".wsite-logo a img{" and change "max-height:" to whatever you like.  I changed mine to 100px; and it looks great.

Cheers,

Phil

Message 14 of 112

help me!! I tryed to do that and now I cant see anything on my blog. It is all blank. How can I undo that????
Message 15 of 112
Square

@pmquiste wrote:
help me!! I tryed to do that and now I cant see anything on my blog. It is all blank. How can I undo that????

Sounds like you might have made a typo when making changes to your theme.  Did you have a custom theme before? If not you can go to the Themes tab, choose the option for previously used themes, and select the standard version of your theme to switch back.

Message 16 of 112

I just updated my logo graphic, keeping the same size & position in the header.  It looks fine across all pages when published, but the problem is that the header now appears as a huge white block that fills almost the entire site editor.  I'm left with a slim band at the bottom of the editor where I can edit other elements.  The logo change has just shut down my ability to edit.  How can I get rid of the huge white space?

Message 17 of 112
Square

@MikeB wrote:

I just updated my logo graphic, keeping the same size & position in the header.  It looks fine across all pages when published, but the problem is that the header now appears as a huge white block that fills almost the entire site editor.  I'm left with a slim band at the bottom of the editor where I can edit other elements.  The logo change has just shut down my ability to edit.  How can I get rid of the huge white space?

Which site were you having trouble with, @MikeB? I checked both sites in your account but neither looked like what you described, so I'm guessing you've made changes since you first posted.

Message 18 of 112

Hi Adam, I'm having trouble with the logo on my website... not sure if your able to take a look for me but its tiny and you can barely even see the logo Smiley Sad

Thanks

Message 19 of 112
Square

Can you upload the original version of your image to a reply, @catherinewest? Click on the "Photos" button and you'll see an option to upload an image.

Message 20 of 112

Message 21 of 112