x

New here...this might be in the wrong category...affiliate question

Hi everyone,

I am interested in signing up with Weebly. I am going to get my own domain names for two different blogs: one would be a comic book, while the other would be a fitness/martial arts related blog.

Here is my question: are we able to post affiliate links? More importantly, would I be able to post links to any companies for which I am an independent contractor? To be more specific, I am a Team Beachbody Coach, and I help to promote their fitness DVD programs and nutritional supplements. On the free Wordpress site this was a big no no; in fact, you couldn't do that even if you paid for a domain name of your own.

If I am going to make a switch, then I just need to be sure I can do everything that I want to do here.

Thanks!

Steve

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Weebly allows any kind of ad. Just don't violate their TOS. But I use Adsense and affiliates on my site. 

Message 2 of 3

You can link just about anywhere. Their policy is against rerouting traffic to commercial websites (like them makeing a site that redirects or pushes people to theirs on way or another) and of course they're picky about adult content. But for what you're doing you should be fine as long as you own the rights to advertise the video then there shouldn't be a problem. For the most part weebly has been pretty relaxed about rules. As far as I can tell they'll let you walk right up to the line, as long as you don't cross it. For example, there's a sight that is about adult content but no links too it so still technically within the ToS.

You're in the right place! You can message me back with any other questions as an alternative to the message board if have other questions. I don't mind.

Message 3 of 3