x

Privacy Policy Generator not working

The page loads and then the data disappears after a few seconds. Has anyone else experienced this?  I contacted support on chat and they suggested I try another internet network lol. That's no good. I only have one.

https://www.weebly.com/au/tools/privacy-policy

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

@SMD

Try using this link instead... https://www.weebly.com/tools/privacy-policy

Message 2 of 47

I've tried this and it says it's waiting in my inbox - where's my inbox?

Why is it never simple?

Message 3 of 47
Square

Your inbox should be the inbox of your email address. You might want to check your spam folder if you don't see it there, though.

Message 4 of 47

Mine never arrives
Message 5 of 47
Square

I opened a ticket with our engineers to get that fixed, @SMD. If the link that @NJRFTF posted doesn't auto-forward you to the one that doesn't work you should be okay in the meantime, though.

Message 6 of 47

I am having the same problem with both links. Page blinks on, then disappears, leaving only what looks like the footer. I contacted support, but none of the suggestions worked to fix this.

Message 7 of 47
Square

Sorry about that, @PCS. Our engineering team is looking into this. Thanks for your patience!

Message 8 of 47

I can now get the privacy policy generator page to work but it's not sending me any emails. I've tried on two occasions on two days using two emails, one of them being my normal weebly email address. There is no emails in my inboxes or junk/spam folders. 

Message 9 of 47

Thanks Adam. Unfortunately the link autoforwards me to the one that doesn't work Smiley Sad

Do we have an ETA when this will work. I'd like to try to become GDPR compliant as the deadline is fast approaching now.  If I'm not GDPR ready, I'll have to unpublish my site and lose revenue..  so can this please be fixed as a priority?

Message 10 of 47

I tried creating the privacy policy, two on hotmail accounts and one with a gmail account. There is nothing in the inbox or junk folders of any of them.
Message 11 of 47

The same thing is happening to me, no email of template.

Message 12 of 47
Square

Sorry to hear you all are having troubles with this. We're still looking into what might be causing this. Thanks everyone for your patience. 

Message 13 of 47

I recieved the email, but when I want to open it, the link gets blocked a phishing attempt. So, it's not working. 

Message 14 of 47

I'm still not receiving any email.

Message 15 of 47
Square

Thanks for checking back in. There was an update just announced that this may be a bug. Smiley Sad If you haven't already submitted a ticket can you please do so now? That way we can tag you (and anyone else on this thread that is interested) to be notified once we have a fix. Very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 47

Well geez! Clearly it IS a bug. So you're telling me that two weeks after I raised the issue on chat and then in the forum, that I now have to raise a ticket lol. Are you joking? 

If you guys can't even get this right with the GDPR not too far away, how are we supposed to feel confident that you'll be GDPR ready by the 28th May? I'm not going to waste any more of my valuable time raising it again on a ticket when I've raised it twice. Instead I'll spend my time looking at hosting alternatives because I have a feeling you won't be ready and I'll be forced to move my site. You're too expensive anyway and you still have html at the end of your URLs which is so outdated, it's ridiculous. I'm not a happy Weebly customer. Not at all!

Message 17 of 47
Square

I'm very sorry for the frustration. The only reason I suggest you submit a ticket is so that you could be updated when the bug was resolved. The bug would be worked on regardless if you submit a ticket, but I'll send one to your account email address right now.

As a work-around you can also try using the link with an email address that is not already associated with a Weebly account. I was just able to receive the email when I used my gmail address. 

Message 18 of 47

That is not a workaround. I have already tried five different emails. At this point, I've lost interest in your privacy policy generator.. and everything else weebly related. I'll be moving my sites to a host where I have more control over my data.. and the data of users. You are using cookies on my website that I cannot even disable, let alone a user. It is supposed to be my site. I should have full control over it. If the GDPR has taught me anything, it's that I'm paying good money for useless, restrictive, out-of-my-control hosting.  It's time to move.

Message 19 of 47
Square

Very sorry again, @SMD. If you need help transferring the domain name let us know. Also, make sure to turn off the auto renew for your plans. One is due for renewal at the end of this month, and the other in June. You can manage this setting from the Account page- My Services tab. 

Message 20 of 47

Thanks Bernadette. I had already cancelled the pre-approved payments from PayPal's end the other day. Wouldn't that be enough?

ETA. I don't see any auto renew in my account settings. It just says "Extend". Am I good?

Message 21 of 47