x

Remove footer - which plan is accurate?

Hello, I find something very confusing - on my tablet Weebly app, at the Connect Plan “remove Weebly Ads” is checked. On the upgrade option from the website, it's not, it says that it's available beginning with the Starter Plan upgrade.

So....which one is accurate??

If I upgrade to the Connect plan from my tablet, will I be able to chage the footer on my website or not? Apparently, as it says in the plan's description, I would be able to do that.

(also, on the tablet there's no option to buy for 2 years, as it is on the website version on Weebly.)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

@dya

The Connect plan simply allows you to connect an external domain to a free Weebly site. If you want to remove the Weebly branding you would need to upgrade to the Starter plan or higher. 

https://community.weebly.com/t5/How-Do-I-In-the-Community/What-exactly-do-i-get-with-the-Connect-Pla...

Message 6 of 15

Then why on my tablet app says this? That there's NO Weebly branding in the Connect Plan, but on the website it says differently? Smiley Wink you can see for yourself, it's pretty clear.

imageimage

Message 6 of 15

Yeah this is interesting. Maybe it's different for differnet countries? Where do you live?

Message 6 of 15
Square

I think that's a bug @MISSIONDESIGN, unless it's soecidic to the app billing. I'll confirm with team, though. Can you please verify the site name? Thanks!
Message 6 of 15

@dya

Ah - OK, I see you are in Romania and what I quoted was US - I guess there are some differences!!

Suggest that you reach out to Weebly Support...

Message 14 of 15

Yes, thank you! I tried 3 times today to send an e-mail, but the process gets stuck at the last part, at "verifying" 😒 I will try with the chat option, but there's a huge time zone difference.

I don't know why the options should differ, only based on location. It's odd.

And I don't want to waste any money...to upgrade to a plan that wouldn't perform as it says on the chart..

Message 14 of 15
Square

Are you using an Android or iOS device, @dya, and was that from within our mobile app or just on our mobile site?

Message 14 of 15

The picture where the Connect plan appears as not to have Weebly ads is, as I mentioned, from the Weebly APP that I have on my tablet (iOS).

On the website it says differently.

So...I was wondering - if I get the plan from the tablet, will I be able to modify the footer? Smiley Happy so it says..

Message 14 of 15
Square

Unfortunately, no, since that plan definitely does not include that option. I'm going to let our team know that we need to correct that in the iOS app as it is not accurate. If you choose Starter you'll be able to edit it, though!

Message 14 of 15
Square

Can you check and see if there is an update for the Weebly app in the App Store? I want to make sure that you are using the newest version of the app.

Message 14 of 15

Nope, there's no new update available in the App Store, I have just checked. I updated the app last week and this is how is looks (I have the latest version of the app):

It still says "no weebly branding" Smiley Happy I should trust it, right? Since that's what it is shown in the plan... Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
Square

I don't. They will probably have to confirm with the engineers to be 100% certain. If I hear anything I'll update this post, though! 

Message 14 of 15
Square

It looks like your ticket is escalated so that a senior agent can confirm for sure. I don't think that plan will allow you to remove the footer, though. 

Message 16 of 15

@Bernadette , do you have any idea when I will get that confirmation? Thanks

Message 16 of 15