x

Square merge required?

I know for a fact I'll never use any of the Square features, etc. Am I still required to update my Weebly login to Square, or is that only if I intend to use Square at some point?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hi same here I want to know that too x

Message 8 of 7

I have the exact same question. I have been doing some reading on the changeover today, and it's got me concerned. I have read of one person who merged and lost all of their content... our not-for-profit's site has 56 pages which has taken years to put together, and it would take weeks of work to re-create if we lost it. It's not a risk I am keen to take, but I'm also worried that we may end up being forced to merge, and may lose our content in the process.

There aren't a huge amount of responses from Weebly's moderators on here about it, which is really odd, as you'd generally expect extra support through a time of change. 

Message 8 of 7
Square

Hi there. You will not lose your content, and will still have access to your original site. The update is changing the login from Weebly to Square.

Message 8 of 7

So is it a requirement? And if we don't do it ourselves, it will be done automatically at some point? If so, when?

Thanks! 

Message 8 of 7

And another question... If we merge to square, do our page editors still have access to login and edit their pages on our site?

Message 8 of 7
Square

Hi @Anna-62 👋 You will still have access to edit your existing sites with the original Weebly browser. Any new site you create, however, will use the new Square Online editor. 

Message 8 of 7