x

Taking over mgmt of site from deceased admin

I am new to Weebly, having agreed to take over mgmt of site after the death of our administrator. Through Weebly support(and having to produce a death certificate), I have been given ownership to the site. My immediate problem now is the fact that during this long process, I went to the site and "played around". Now, whenever I log in, the Test Site automatically loads. When I attempt to change the URL to the site that I need to manage, It says domain name is unavailable. Really frustrated at this point. Just how do I load our site so that I can manage./update? Any help is surely appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @RickS1 I'm sorry to hear of the reasons for you having to take over the account. Smiley Sad It looks like you may be logged into the wrong account at the moment. What is the name of the site you are trying to access? 

Message 5 of 4

Site administrator of our site has recently died. Fortunately I already had full access and editing rights. I need to understand the process however for taking over as site administrator. Please advise.

Message 5 of 4
Square

Hi @richardm I'm sorry to hear of your loss. 

Do you only have access to your contributor site, or do you also have access to the main site? Updating the owner information is relatively easy if you can access the main site. 

If you do not have access to the main account you will need to submit an Account Recovery form here to start the process of gaining access to the account.

Message 5 of 4