x

Text link - linking entire sentence or paragraph

I just want simple text links on my site, i know how to do this, however it is linking to the entire sentence, or sometimes paragraph, even though all i need is one or two words linked to a page on my site. I am selecting only the required text and then clicking the link on the toolbar. Once i click out of the link editor, the entire sentence or paragraph is linked and not the one or two words i wanted. Why is it doing this and how to i get it to function properly?? Very frustrating as it is such an easy task to do - is there anywhere you can view your code and manually input a link?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Can you try switching to a different browser, @Lfeller? I think it's probably a browser-related issue and you'll have a better experience with Chrome or FireFox.

Message 2 of 12

ok - i will try that - thank you!

Message 3 of 12

Hi there, 

I'm having the same problem but I *am* using the most up-to-date version of Chrome. Not sure why this is happening but it seems like Weebly would want to address it as Chrome is one of the most popular browsers, yes?

Message 4 of 12
Square

I wasn't able to recreate that using the newest version of Chrome in mac OS 10.12. Can you try Safari or FireFox, @briannevillano? I'm not suggesting never using Chrome, but I'd like to know if you see this behavior in those browsers.

Message 5 of 12

Having this problem too. I am on up to date Firefox. It is driving me nuts. What is going on?

Message 6 of 12

I am currently doing the following.

1) Make sure the text for the link is on a line of its own.

2) Create the link.

3) Edit the page so the link text is now part of the line above.

Seems a bit long winded.

Message 7 of 12
Square

Thanks for listing out the steps you're taking to get around the problem. You mentioned using FireFox - does the same thing happen in Chrome?

Message 8 of 12

I still experience this issue.

Mac OS 10.14.3
Firefox 65.0.1

Best,
Tom

Message 13 of 12
Square

If you try Safari or Chrome does it work properly, @Tom__?

Message 13 of 12

Thank you for the answer, Adam.

For now I prefer firefox as a browser and have no idea about weebly's performance in Chrome or Safari.
To create the link on a separate line is a way to work around the problem, but it doesn't feel very professional.

Best,
Tom

Message 13 of 12

I'm having the same problem with Firefox. The workaround of using a single line to create the link and then moving it up is working, but I agree that this seems too fiddly.

Message 13 of 12