x

Weebly Dashboard and Google Analytics

Weebly dashboard isn't showing any stats for one of my sites, it's a older one originally published in 2008 and I've been using Google Analytics with it since then. I'd like to try the Weebly dashboard so does anyone have a suggestion on how to get it working, do I need to add some tracking code that might be missing, could the problem stem form the site being originally created long before the dashboard came out? Any help appreciated!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It looks like your domain isn't pointed to us, @DavidCowdy.  These are the DNS records I see for your domain right now:

reedmaker.co.uk	A	72.52.67.60
www.reedmaker.co.uk	CNAME	www.weebly.com

In order for stats to work and for your domain to load your site, you'll need to update those to this:

reedmaker.co.uk	A	199.34.228.46
www.reedmaker.co.uk	CNAME	reedmaker.co.uk

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @DavidCowdy!

We're happy to take a look. What is the web address for the site in question.

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 8

Thanks very much for your quick reply Erin, the web address is www.reedmaker.co.uk, all best David

Message 3 of 8
Square

Best Answer

It looks like your domain isn't pointed to us, @DavidCowdy.  These are the DNS records I see for your domain right now:

reedmaker.co.uk	A	72.52.67.60
www.reedmaker.co.uk	CNAME	www.weebly.com

In order for stats to work and for your domain to load your site, you'll need to update those to this:

reedmaker.co.uk	A	199.34.228.46
www.reedmaker.co.uk	CNAME	reedmaker.co.uk
Message 4 of 8

Thanks very much for your help Adam, I've updated those settings and I am already beginning to see stats on the dashboard. I did a quick web search and see that the 72.52.67.60 address was an old Weebly one given in DNS instructions in 2008 when I set up the site. The funny thing is that it has been working perfectly all that time since then but just didn't show up with dashboard stats. Anyway thank you again for helping me with the solution, all best wishes David

Message 5 of 8
Square

Interesting to know that, @DavidCowdy. I guess a lot can change in the last 8 years. Smiley Happy  Glad it's working for you!

Message 6 of 8

Hi Adam,

I have a similar challenge. In the Weebly dashboard I see 200 unique visitors and in GA only 10 unique visitors (both were set to last 7 days). Is this normal? 

Best regards,

Pieter (casaldelbosco.com)

Message 7 of 8
Square

That's pretty normal, @Pieter_R, especially in light of the changes that GDPR brought to cookie usage. Google tracks by cookies so it very frequently will undercount.

Message 8 of 8