x

What new Weebly tutorials do YOU want?

Hey, everyone!

We have a robust support space that provides a learning environment for Weebly customers. If you've never been to help.weebly.com, I recommend checking it out!

There's always room for more help articles, tutorials, and webinars.

What do YOU wish we had in the help center? Is there a topic you wish we talked more about?

Have a great day!

Erin

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

There are so many great guides already! It's hard to pick.  I'd love to see what people would like to see as guides!

Message 2 of 16

I feel like perhaps we could talk more about the Code Editor element. Perhaps it's not a tutorial so much as a collection of different resources for embed code.

Message 3 of 16

That's a great idea! As long as we have a big red "Unless you know CSS/HTML, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" button, I think we'd be good. What kind of specific code editing tutorial were you thinking about?
Message 4 of 16

This isn't really a tutorial but more of a recommendation as I do not know where to put this.

Weebly should allow users to prevent adblock users from accessing their site if they choose so. The reason I say that is because most people are now starting to put ads on their website to gain revenue via Google's Adsense system, but the problem is that that system does not give you money for views that didn't see the ad. For that reason that takes away revenue. If this would be implemented It would allow users to make more money and in turn that would drive weebly to get more sales because the more money that people have the more there likely to spend it. 

Thanks,

John 

Message 5 of 16

Maybe instead, have a pop-up asking people to turn off ad-block for their site in order to support you.

I know if a site flat out denies access to me because of an ad-block, I leave and go elsewhere. If they show the content but then have a little banner asking me if I'd be willing to whitelist it to support the site, I almost always whitelist it and donate if I have the extra money that month, simply for them being polite. People don't really being told what to do when the information they seek is usually on elsewhere on the world wide web. Being one of the sites that simply says "Hey, content costs money to create. I love you as a visitor, and appreciate you, can you show me a little appreciation too? Awesome!" looks WAY better to a potential site visitor. Just my humble opinion of course, and others probably think otherwise, but it is something to consider in the long run Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16

I find myself to be overwhelmed. the help tutorials are amazing and keeps me really busy! Thank you for all of the help that you guys give me. I hope to get my site in a better state soon. 

Message 7 of 16

Re. What tutorials do you want:

I have a site that is a bit different from a regular sales site. We breed dogs but only about every 2 or 3 yrs. I would like to be able to post a questionnaire page that is on my desktop but the prospective buyer could link to and copy out a PDF file that they could complete and either snail mail it or email it to us. I am probably not explaining this right but I know I need help with this aspect. Maybe it already exists and I just don't know it. Comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Message 8 of 16

Message 9 of 16

Thanks for that link, Danny!

Message 10 of 16

Is there a way to vertically move certain blocks? Perhaps there is, but I do not know.

For example, If a start a design with several text blocks and insert an image gallery in another block below the text block.  Later on I want to move the image gallery on top of my text box.  The only way I know is to delete the text box and re-insert it below the gallery box.

Message 11 of 16

Hello, Bob!

You can drag elements on top of other elements, as well as next to each other, which then automatically activates our columns feature. To do this simply click on the gallery element and drag it on top of the of the text element. You will see a blue bar appear on top of the text element. When you see that let the element drop.Then your gallery will be on top of the text element as needed. 

Review the following video tutorial:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201740063-Intro-to-Content-Elements

While the video shows how to drag elements to the page and create columns. Those elements on the page can be dragged to new locations on that page as required. 

Message 12 of 16

How many tutorials are their?
Message 13 of 16
Square

@makaala808steph wrote:
How many tutorials are their?

I don't know the exact number, but there are quite a few guides in our Help Center.  Why not check them out?

Message 14 of 16

I'd Like the progression of beginning a e commerce store with you on videro.

Message 15 of 16
Square

@La74

Hi Smiley Happy This video looks a little old, but hopefully it will help you out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89z6LvdPNZE&t=1s

Also, you should check out our Youtube Channel for more great videos. The ones titled "How'd They Do That?" are my favorite ones. 

Message 16 of 16