x

4 Deadly Mistakes You're Making with Google AdWords

Hi, friends!

Can you imagine spending time and money on a Google Adwords campaign, then realizing that your campaign isn't working at all? Time and money wasted, right? We want to make sure that you're making Google Adwords work for you! 

Perhaps we should start at the beginning - what is Google Adwords? Google Adwords is a service run by Google (of course) for businesses that want to display ads on Google pages or through related services. Basically, you set a budget with Google Adwords, and then you only pay when folks click on your ads. Sounds pretty great, right? 

Well, like I mentioned earlier, it's not terribly difficult to spend both time and money on a campaign that actually does nothing for your business. There are apps, like Traffic Booster our App Center, that will do everything for you. However, if you're going to work on a Google Adwords campaign yourself, you might as well do it right.

How, you may ask? Use these 4 important tips that will instantly start saving you money!

If you have questions, let us know. We're happy to help the best that we can.

Otherwise, good luck!

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hi I haven't done any google adwords yet and I also need to generate more traffic thru my website... can you help me out? Thanks!

Message 2 of 9

Hi, there!

I recommend checking out this Inspiration Center article, Getting Started with Google Adwords: https://www.weebly.com/inspiration/getting-started-with-google-adwords

Good luck!

Thanks,
Erin

Message 3 of 9

so where is the information on where to add the conversion coding to a weebly landing page? I have it in the footer at the moment but "Tag Assistant" is saying it is not correct because 

No HTTP response detected

Code found outside of <body> tag.

not sure how to place the code to make it work
Message 10 of 9
Square

Try using an Embed Code element on the page instead, @sajalynn.

Message 10 of 9

@Adam, I did the embed code at the top of the page, then the bottom of the page, then tried the header, then footer. none worked. 

Message 10 of 9

Hey there! What page are you placing the code on? We'll take a look.

Message 10 of 9

@Queso, I am placing it on the landing page www.rootedacu.org/index.html

Message 10 of 9

It looks like that site is hosted elsewhere, with a licensed version of the Weebly editor. You'll likely want to get in touch with your host's support directly, as there may be some differences in how that's best done there. Have you had the chance to do so already?

Message 10 of 9