x

Apple Messages

How do I embed an Apple Messages button on a website? So Mac users can click on it and the Messages Application will launch ready for a chat with me. 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

You'd need to edit your embed code so it includes a button using the same HTML code that our buttons use. If you add a button to a hidden page of your site, you can check the source code of the page to see what the HTML code for one looks like.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello! That may be something you'd want to check with Apple Support.

Message 7 of 6

I know how to embed it as a clickable text. See here: http://osxdaily.com/2012/05/15/start-an-imessage-conversation-from-the-web-with-custom-links/

However I want a more noticable and attractive button. The standard Weebly buttons woould be fine but it seems they can't be linked to an html code. Just links to other pages. Any suggestions? 

Message 7 of 6
Square

Best Answer

You'd need to edit your embed code so it includes a button using the same HTML code that our buttons use. If you add a button to a hidden page of your site, you can check the source code of the page to see what the HTML code for one looks like.

Message 7 of 6

Thanks, that should work. Regrettably I don't know HTML coding but with some trial and error and harassing friends who do I'm sure this should work. 

Message 7 of 6
Square

Good luck! We have some people here in Community who are familiar, so if you run into trouble they might be able to help.

Message 7 of 6