x

Custom CSS/HTML - Oasis

Hello -- I'm currently using the Oasis theme (and am not prepared to give it up) and would like to customize the size of the lefthand, vertical image; specifically, I would like to make it smaller as it is squishing the information to the right and it does not look good, nor does it serve its purpose. 

I understand I would need to customize CSS/HTML. I have looked at it, but have no idea what part of the code needs customizing to achieve what I mentioned above. Right now the image is 50% of the screen and I'd like to make it about 30%.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Alisa

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

What's the address of your site, @alilh? That'll help our Community members figure out what to change for you.

Message 2 of 4

Message 3 of 4

Hi Alisa,

Happy to help - please copy all your css to backup plain text document on your computer before 'tweaking'.

You should be looking for lines 10 and 12 of your main.css that look like this:

10 #panel-one, #panel-two { width: 50%; }

12 #panel-two { position: relative; left: 0; margin-left: 50%; }

Currently, they're both (in line 10) set to 50% - panel-one is the left of the screen. You'll need to change them to two separate settings rather than using a comma between them which sets them to be the same. Adjust it to be like this:

line 10:

#panel-one { width: 30%; } #panel-two { width: 70%; }

or change the percentage numbers to reflect whatever division you're after - ideally it totals 100%!!!

And then below that change the 'margin-left' figure to start at the edge of panel-one - 30% in from the left side of your screen in my example settings (whatever you set the above panel-one width to):

line 12:

#panel-two { position: relative; left: 0; margin-left: 30%; } 

Lastly you'll need to tweak the menu popout to be 30% (or whatever you choose) too, otherwise it'll cover your content. Look for line 59

.w-navpane {width: 50%;    (etc.....leave the rest)

and change that to 

.w-navpane {width: 30%;   (etc.....leave the rest)

That should do it. Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 4