x

Desperate - please help me with the Facebook like button

I've tried and I've tried.... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I follow the Weebly tutorial - first putting in my facebook page url, adjusting the size of button etc (just as the tutorial prompts me to do) then generating the code and then pasting one part in the SEO section - in the Footer. And then pasting the smaller bit in the on the page I want the button (in my case on the home page).

I press publish - and nothing shows...

Does anyone have a clue why it doesn't work for my website? (My site is: www.mybeautifulsky.com)

Thanks for any pointers.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hey there! Just to check, what tutorial are you following currently?

Message 4 of 9

Message 5 of 9
Square

Try this, @BeaSky:

Move the code you have in Settings > SEO > Footer code to an embed code element right at the top of the page (it looks like you already have it in one, so just drag that one up). Once you have that there, remove that code from anywhere else so the only place you have it is in the Embed Code element.

Message 10 of 9

Hi Adam,

You said: Move the code you have in Settings > SEO > Footer code to an embed code element right at the top of the page (it looks like you already have it in one, so just drag that one up).

Which page? Do you mean the Home page?

Sorry to be such a clutz.... you need to spell it out. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 9

No worries! The top of the Home page should be good.

Message 10 of 9

It still doesn't appear.

I have the longer bit of code in an embed code element at the top of the page and the shorter bit of code in an embed code element at the bottom of the page.

no button...?

Message 10 of 9
Square

Just a thought, but try removing this from your Header Code field:

<body oncontextmenu="alert('Ask Permission!');return false;">

I'm wondering if Facebook's like button code doesn't work well with it.

Message 10 of 9

I tried removing that - and it still doesn't work!!

This is crazy!   Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 9