x

HD Video Player Playlist

I just upgraded to Weebly Pro, for 2 years unfortunately. I upgraded for the HD video player feature. But I wish I had read through some of the other forums first, as it is very apparent that this feature doesn't work at all.

I have about 30 videos I need to upload, but it fails virtually every time. I keep reducing the file sizes and a couple have got through, but it just failed to upload a 25MB video. 25MB!  You can pretty much email that. The quality of the files is just going down way too much.

From what I read, the videos are going to have serious playback issues anyway, so I'm going to have to go back to using Vimeo links, which is very disappointing, and perhaps look for another provider, but that is going to take an awful lot of work, starting from scratch.

This is horribly misleading advertising on the part of Weebly, promoting a service that may work in the US but doesn't appear to work anywhere else in the world. I am going to request a refund and my Pro service be cancelled. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Sorry to hear about your experience, @Bevo. Does your ISP throttle upload speeds at all? I'm wondering if that combined with the distance between yourself and our servers is enough to cause it to time out during upload. If that is what's doing it, you might have better luck uploading videos during non-peak internet usage times.

Message 2 of 4

It's definitely not an internet issue, I uploaded an 800mb file to YouTube in under an hour. I've tried removing the gaps in the titles and using different formats and uploading at different times. I was able to get a 75mb video uploaded to my home page and it seems to play really well and looks good. That was the main thing I wanted, but for the other 30 videos on different pages I've used the Vimeo links as some of the files are 800MB. From my experimenting, I can't get anything above 100MB uploaded, it times out after a few hours, so as you could guess you could waste many days and weeks trialling different upload strategies for each video. Anyway I'm happy with how it looks now and overall I'm happy with the performance of the Weebly site, it's easy to use and make changes, and I have a video on my home page which plays well. The other Vimeo links look good anyway, they give each video a title and nice thumbnail.

Message 3 of 4

The slowness and time-out issue there is definitely unusual, but it's good to hear things are in order, Bevo! 

Message 4 of 4