x

How can I animate 2 pictures.

I have a product that has a sliding bolt.  I took two pictures of the bolt, one picture has the bolt on the left and the second picture has the bolt on the right.  I was able to use an on-line GIF animator to put the 2 pictures together and created the effect that the bolt is moving back and fourth. (Left to Right to Left) However, I am unable to move this GIF file into the image element.  Does anyone know how I can create this effect and place it in my website.  I have no programming experience.

Thanks,

Jay

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Normally a standard image element will work with animated GIF images (header/background/logo have not, historically), although it's possible that changed with the recent upgrade to the image editor. Can you attach the image you tried to a reply here, @JayP? I'm not sure if Community will convert it or not, but if it doesn't I'll try testing with that.

Message 2 of 4

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply.  The standard image element will not accept a GIF animation.  However, I found another way.  I used GIFmaker.com.  Uploaded my 2 JPEG pictures and clicked one button to animate them and created a GIF file.  I then copied the GIF's URL and pasted it into Weebly's Embed Code element.  You can see my handywork at http://www.recorderstands.com/portable-box-stand.html.

Thanks again,

Jay

Message 3 of 4
Square

Nice solution, @JayP - thanks for sharing!

Message 4 of 4