x

How do I create a paywall/password system where I do not need customers emails? Just give passwords.

Please help. I have been wracking my brain on this and feel like I am at the end of my rope. I am starting to sell the content on my website to medical/therapy centers. The problem is, because of the HIPAA healthcare privacy laws in the USA, I cannot have access to any of their email addresses because that is privileged information. 

Is there a paywall where all I have to do is issue a bunch of passwords or user codes? Or maybe is there some type of paywall or technology where I give out a SINGLE password to everyone at the clients organization and multiple people can be using it at once?

Thank you!! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Are you looking to modify the checkout form on the site, or just put pages of your site behind a password? if it's just the latter, you can set a site password on the settings tab, then make specific pages be password-required on the Pages tab.

Message 6 of 5

But the only way to do this is to give them the actual password to my Weebly website correct? They could use this same password to break in to my website. 

There must be a better way no? I have seen people on weebly forums asking for this functionality since 2016.

Any other advice?

Message 6 of 5
Square

You'd need to give them the password, but this is just the password you set on the Settings tab for password-protected pages, not the one for your account.

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/213248637-Hide-Restrict-Access-and-Un-Publish-Your-Site

Message 6 of 5

Checkout form? Is this is the selling a product part of Weebly?

Message 6 of 5