x

How do I un-wrap menu items on my site?

Hi there,  I'm using Unite 2 theme and have 10 menu items (working on reducing this). This theme uses menu items centred to the top of the page and wraps them according to the screen size being veiwed on.  So if you are viewing my site on a nice big screen, it looks quite good with menu items centred across 2 lines - which is fine.  Problem is when the screen size is smaller, it wraps the menu items across 3 to 4 lines.  Which looks terrible.  Takes up the top half of the page with menu items.  

I'd like to have the menu items fixed to 2 lines and not wrapping.  I've tried looking through a bunch of articles and tried editing my CSS a few times, but nothing thas worked.  This is not my strong point, so I'd really appreciate any help that I can get. 

Can anyone help?

Website is www.avmadeeasy.com.au

Thanks heaps.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Thanks for including your site name! Unfortunately, this is not my strong point either! I see what you are saying about the 3 lines. Large screen has a nice 2 line setup, then as the screen gets smaller it switches to 3, and eventually at a certain size changes to the mobile hamburger menu. You are wanting to bypass the middle option and just have either 2 lines or mobile navigation display?

Message 6 of 5

Hi Bernadette, Yes that's exactly right.  Just have a static 2 lines format for all screen sizes, until such point as it requires the hamburger (e.g. mobiles and tablets).  Really keen to get this sorted as I'm otherwise happy with the site.  Any advice with help. thanks

Message 6 of 5
Square

Have you considered using the "More" option on the Settings tab while you work on reducing the number of top-level items, @AVLADY? This will limit it to a single line, and place everything else under a drop-down called "More".

Message 6 of 5

Hi Adam, Thanks for the reply. I have thought about using the more... option but I'd really prefer to have all the menu headings visible to customers on the first look.  Will keep looking for a solution. There must be one. 🙂

Message 6 of 5