x

How do you fix height/weight attributes?

I seem to be having a problem that many others are having, but there seems to be a real lack of answers to it.

The SEO Market Goo report says; We've found 686 images that don't have height and width attributes.

I cannot find anything in this forum on how to fix it. There is an old link in one of the answers, but it doesn't work. I see many questions on this but no answers. Can anyone please shed any light on this issue and how to fix it?

My website is www.WhynotPromoShop.com

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@YCWT52

There  isn't a way to add those hard coded, as weebly auto adds it to the CSS. Marketgoo should really remove this from it's suggestions as it's an old method of coding. The reason they are asking you to specify height and width is so that the images aren't too large, which equates to longer loading time. Weebly has already optimized the images, so this step can be ignored. Marketgoo should update their software to remove this suggestion. 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

I don't believe there is a way to add those attributes right now, @YCWT52. I can't speak to what effect it would have on SEO to not have those, although I would think that was much less important compared to other aspects of SEO. The content on your site pages should all get indexed fine by Google.

Message 5 of 4

Best Answer

@YCWT52

There  isn't a way to add those hard coded, as weebly auto adds it to the CSS. Marketgoo should really remove this from it's suggestions as it's an old method of coding. The reason they are asking you to specify height and width is so that the images aren't too large, which equates to longer loading time. Weebly has already optimized the images, so this step can be ignored. Marketgoo should update their software to remove this suggestion. 

Message 5 of 4

Thank you for the explanation. It helps a lot.

Message 5 of 4