x

Menu not showing up - FIXED IT

Hi - this thread can be ignored as have now fixed the issue 🙂

Hi - I can see my menu in the Site Editor and it looks fine but it has disappeared from the published site .

www.re-made.life

Any help would be very gratefully received

imageimage

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square

Thanks for updating your post, @Re-Made. How did you fix the issue?

Message 17 of 16

Hi Adam

I ended up just reinstalling an older version of the template. I have various versions of my customised theme saved so I picked the one which required the least amount of work in terms of gettiing the style back to the way I wanted it. It didn't take as long as I thought it would thankfully!! 

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

Menu is not visible on my site (http://www.uniart3d.com/) but seems it's working fine when I point to it (it's in upper right corner). It was working fine until couple days ago, can someone help with this issue?

Thanks, Dane

Message 17 of 16
Square

Do you happen to know if you have any third party code embedded anywhere? I took a look, but didn't see anything.. Can you also try temporarily switching to a different theme to see if that changes it? You can always vert back to the theme you are using here:

https://www.weebly.com/themes/theme/715256706361612609

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

I tried several different themes, and result is always same, menu is invisible on uniart3d.com, but everything works fine at uniart3d.weebly.com, seems like when I export website from weebly, then menu becomes invisible. I'm using uniart3d.com for my bussines, so that must work normaly, like before.

To mention also that many themes are simple not working when I try to switch to them, I click on "preview" but it stucks at loading/applying theme preview. 

Dane

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

Update, I changed to some other theme, and now everything is working good, except mobile website version, menu is missing, instead there is a button in upper right corner, which does do nothing when click on it, here's screenshot of it.

Do you have idea why menu is missing on mobile version?

Daneimage

Message 17 of 16
Square

That is what all menus will look like on mobile. It's called a "hamburger" menu and is used on smaller screen sizes. It should open up when you click on it, though. It looks like your subdomain site is working properly on mobile. Do you know if there is anything different between the two sites? Did you edit any code or add any code snippets to the main site? 

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

I just applied new theme today, export site and upload to my hosting service (siteground.com), and sow that hamburger button on mobile version not working. Didn't add any custom code or similar, just pure theme. To mention that before mobile version worked ok, and then menu dissapeared on it, and then few days ago menu dissapeared also on desktop version, which now works ok, just mobile version not working.

Dane

Message 17 of 16
Square

Is it the same theme that was giving you trouble the other day on the desktop version? Do you mind if I try to publish from my end? 

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

No, it's some other theme, I tried several themes and non of them work good, but this last theme is working good, except mobile version.

You can do whatever you want, until my site is available all the time to visitors, and it's working good Smiley Happy.

Dane

Message 17 of 16
Square

That's so strange! Is the Weebly subdomain site an exact copy of your original site?

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

Yes, like I mentioned, mobile version worked good, and then just menu dissapeared one day, I didn't do anything. 

I see that many users have exact same problem, with menu dissapearing one day (menu becomes invisible actualy, since is still there just invisible). Maybe there's a problem with menu transparency somehow, because it behaves like it's transparent 100%?

Dane

Message 17 of 16
Square

I'm sorry, @danijelk I think I might have missed a key element here. Did you say you are using SiteGround? I think I originally assumed you were forwarding the domain to the Weebly subdomain. Your site, http://www.uniart3d.com/, is hosted with the third party? 

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

Yes, my site is hosted on siteground.com, and it was working normaly, both desktop and mobile version, for some time, and now menu is not visible on mobile version, desktop version is working fine now, no issues.

Dane

Message 17 of 16
Square

Sorry for not catching that earlier! We don't have access to third party hosting accounts, and since your site is not hosted on our servers, we wouldn't be able to troubleshoot. You will need to reach out to SiteGround directly for assistance. If they are not able to help you I highly suggest requesting advanced support or supervisor assistance. https://www.siteground.com/contact_us.htm

Message 17 of 16