x

My website is visible on my desktop but not on phone or tablet?

Hi All,

My website is visible on my desktop but not on phone or tablet?

I get a blank white screen when I try to view my website on my Samsung android phone. The same happens when I try to view it on an Apple tablet.

I would appreciate some detailed step-by-step if possible.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

James

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Hi James. Can you please post a link to your site so we can check it out? 

Message 11 of 12

Hi Bernadette,

I sent you (weebly) an email too.

This is my site:

https://www.ketmarlocal.com.au

Thank you and Kind Regards,

James

Message 11 of 12
Square

Thanks for posting, James. I'm able to load the site on my Android device. 

Can you try clearing your cache or try from a different internet connection? 

Message 11 of 12

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I managed to get it to load on another iphone.

Will weebly websites not load on all phones, and if so, is there a list so I can tell my Customers? My Samsung phone and the apple tablet are both relatively old, but I can load all other websites on both without any problems...

Thanks and Kind Regards,

James

Message 11 of 12
Square

It should load fine on any modern device. Were you using cellular or wifi for data on your mobile devices?

Message 11 of 12

Hello Adam,

I was using cellular. I use the same method for all other websites and there is no issue...

Thanks and Regards,

James

Message 11 of 12
Square

If you switch those devices to using wifi, do they load?

Message 11 of 12

Hi Adam,

I fail to see how that would improve the reception? The cellular (android) reception on my samsung phone will be more powerful than if it were connected to a wifi because the connection is direct to the network provider. 

I did connect the ipad to wifi as it does not have its own sim card and there was no change from when I first tried it.

Regards,

James

Message 11 of 12
Square

Testing a different internet connection is a common trouble shooting step we go through when we can't duplicate an issue. Especially because it could be related to the specific ISP. What is the exact Android device you are using? Maybe we have one in the office we can test out. Smiley Happy Can you download a new browser to the device so that you can definitely rule out any caching errors. I know i've personally run into cache errors when I was certain I'd properly cleared. 

Message 11 of 12

I am facing similar situation. My website is perfect in computer, but on the phone the video doesnt move and the background photo does no move either...

withintheheartofgodbook.com

Lucero

Message 13 of 12
Square

Hi Lucero. Video backgrounds do not work on mobile devices, unfortunately. Is this what you are referring to? Can you post a link to your site so we can confirm? 

Message 13 of 12