x

My website views as YOUR CART in the google search engine

Hi all,

My website appears as YOUR CART when viewed as a google search. The settings are all correct on the dashboard but for some reason this has not updated on google. I contacted Weebly about this nearly 2 months ago and they explained that google needed to re-scan their site and it would automatically update once they'd done this. They even mentioned that I could prompt google by putting in a scan request, which I duly did. It's now been nearly two months and nothing has changed.

The site looks really budget and unprofessional in the google view and I would really like it changed. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can change this myself rather than waiting indefinitely for google to update? If Itake the site down and then re-publish it will this make any difference? Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks all,

Kate

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

I'm surprised it hasn't updated by now, although Google isn't very transparent about when they recrawl sites. Have you set your site up with Webmaster Tools yet? I think doing that, submitting a sitemap (yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml), and asking Google to recrawl might help.

https://www.weebly.com/seo/search-console

Message 7 of 6

Thanks Adam. I just tried to use the webmaster tool as you suggested and got the following error message:

The Google Analytics tracking code on your site is in the wrong location. You can verify site ownership with the asynchronous snippet placed in the <head> section of your home page. Learn more.

Am I missing something?

Message 7 of 6
Square

Did you add the site verification META tag to Settings > SEO > Header Code and re-publish?

Message 7 of 6

Yes but now seem to have two sites coming up on the search engine instead of just one. The original site has changed and is viewing correctly but another page is showing with the YOUR CART header which I really don't want.

Message 7 of 6
Square

Which page is showing that now?

Message 7 of 6