x

Problem with mobile version

Hello,

I'm using a so could responsive theme from Weebly.

The size of the logo in this theme was to small to my liking, so I changed some settings in html:

From 222 till 229:

.header-wrap #logo img {

display: block;
overflow: hidden;
max-width: 600px;
max-height: 140px;
}
.header-wrap #logo #wsite-title {
display: block;
max-width: 100px;
}
.header-wrap #logo img {
max-height: 240px;
}

Now the size from the logo comes out very nice.

The only problem is, that when I try to put it in mobile version, or want to look at the site on my mobile, the navigation button doesn't show up. The logo stays to big, and probably covers this button.

So this way you can only see the front page of my website, and not open any other pages. So this way my website is useless.

Is there please a way around this? So that the menu button does shop up?

Thanks in advance,

Madelon

www.triosolyluna.com

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

You'll probably need to add some mobile specific queries in order to change the mobile size on mobile only. You might want to check out this page for more info:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_mediaqueries_ex.asp

Message 9 of 8

Hello Adam,

I'm sorry but I can change a couple of things in html, but css, or how to change the mobile size is way over my head.

Especially with these Weebly themes, where everything is set and arranged, I have no clue what to change, and where.

Is there noboby in Weebly who can help me with this problem?

Message 9 of 8

And what I don't understand that this is a theme which should adept itself to be seen on a mobile phone.

The only thing I did is put in a bigger logo, which looks perfect on a desktop.

But on the mobile version, the navigation bar doesn't show, and the logo doesn't reduce in space......

Message 9 of 8
Square

CSS media queries basically tell a browser, when the screen is X apply these rules. They're included at the bottom of a style sheet so they are applied after the rest of the CSS code, thereby overriding it. 

I would guess we used the same max width and height for the mobile theme and don't have anything to override what you changed, and that small difference was enough to cause what you're seeing.

Message 9 of 8

Ok Adam thanks for your reply, but I don't understand it whatsoever.......

What would be the solution that in the mobile version the navigation bar will show?

The theme I'm using is from Weebly, so is there nobody in Weebly that can explain this please?

Message 9 of 8
Square

Is the site you're having trouble with the one under your name in your first post?

Message 9 of 8

Hi Adam,

Yes that's what I was having problems with.

But luckily ThemeTricks , member of this community helped me out.

So now it's working all right.

But honoustly I don't understand when you pay for your Weebly account, and use a Weebly template, there's nobody to help you out.......from Weebly!!

Thanks Adam for trying and putting in your effort.

Regards,

Madelon

Message 9 of 8