x

Reducing the size of the Sticky Wrapper?

I recently created a Splash page for my website, and using this coding on my splash page I was able to hide the nav bar;

<style>
    .header.stuck { display:none; }
</style>

However, since the nav bar is not visible the gap of space before the first lines of information on my splash page is too big. After doing some searching, I discovered you could reduce this space, but the coding I am using isn't working. I tried several things, but nothing worked. This is the last code that I tried;

<style>
    .sticky-wrapper { height: 0px; }
</style>

Does anyone know what I can use or code to fix this?

Thank you,

Very Novice Coder

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Try this instead:

<style>
    .sticky-wrapper { display: none !important;; }
</style>

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

What is the address of your site, @YCWT52? It shouldn't be too had to remove the extra height.

Message 9 of 8

Thank you Adam.

It is www.WhynotPromoShop.com

Thanks,

Tanya

Message 9 of 8
Square

Best Answer

Try this instead:

<style>
</style>
Message 9 of 8

Super, thank you Adam. That completely worked!

A question for you...

I noticed (even beforehand with having the header not displayed on the splash page) that when you load the site in a new browser, for just a split second the nav bar at the top flashes and then quickly disappears. Is there something that I should add into the code, or code separately to have it not flash at all?

Here is the coding that is on the splash page now, which works great, however if I can eliminate the quick flash of header info when the website is pulled up, that would be even better. Thanks.

<style>
    .header.stuck { display: none !important;; }
</style>

<style>
</style>

Message 9 of 8
Square

I think this is because that theme is applying some styles via Javascript on pageload. It might be kind of hard to get it to quit doing that. It might be simpler to switch to a similar theme and change the code you're including to hide it.

Message 9 of 8

Okay, got it.

Thanks again. You were a huge help.

Message 9 of 8
Square

No problem!

Message 9 of 8