x

SLOW WEEBLY EDITOR

Hi there,

Is the Weebly Editor very VERY slow, or is it just me?

I have fast internet, i've made sure my MB Pro doesn't have much else open so no memory restriction.  It's actually starting to drive me insane, it's taking hours to build a page that should take me 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

I have videos I can show you!

Message 11 of 23
Square

Do you have a lot of content or embedded code on your site @MissRosie? Can you try clearing your browser cache or opening the editor from a private/incognito window?

Message 11 of 23

Yes I have a lot of code and embedded content in my site, but that's what happens in 2018. You can't seriously use that as an excuse anymore. You want me to reduce the content on my website back to 2010 standard just so your platform functions at an "acceptable response level"? No way. You need to upgrade it to handle a lot of content now it's 2018 or we will all move across to the other major website builders that have already accommodated this.

Message 11 of 23

Also 2018 is the year of authenticity.  Bull**bleep** holding responses don't cut it anymore.  You all know this is a genuine issue with Weebly.  How about being honest with us about it?  Instead of pretending like it's anything other than your current platform simply not cutting it.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 23

And if you need to charge us more as a result, then charge us more.  We don't care about that.  I've already annoyed 3 of my major clients with these delays which more than outweighs any cost increase you could give me.  Just get it done please!  Or we will have to move.  

Message 11 of 23
Square

It's less about internet speed and more about how much memory a particular page is going to use in your browser. For what it's worth, I'm running the same version of mac OS as you and opened one of your sites in the editor with Chrome and it responded how I would expect. I don't know what site you were having trouble with, though, if it isn't one in your account. 

My recommendation would be temporarily exit the editor, close other browser tabs you have open and possibly quit open programs on your computer, and then re-open the site to edit. The idea is to basically free up more memory so your browser can handle all of the memory needs of the editor. 

Message 11 of 23

Adam, I know all that, i've done it countless times.  

I also have an app that watches the memory pull as I use diff pages, and the memory pull doesn't change for the weebly editor compared to the other pages I use.

It isn't a memory issue from my macbook - at all.  

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 23

I am also having many problems with Weebly. The slow page updates after edits suck donkey ballz.

I will be moving my money to a new platform if there is no major updates in 2020. They need to correct this and add more precise GUI editing functionality and tools to make more modern, slicker web pages. 

[cry emoji goes here]

Dave. 

Message 11 of 23
Square

Hi @SoulTonic It looks like your site is using a custom theme. Customized themes can definitely cause a slower loading time if the code is not compatible. Do the other sites in your account also load slowly? 

Message 11 of 23

@MissRosie

If you are using Safari you may want to check this.... https://www.webnots.com/fix-safari-slow-loading-pages-mac-os-x/

Message 23 of 23

Heya - i've tried chrome and opera (don't use safari), and i've gone incognito on both.  I've closed every application and flushed the memory to give it full access.  Nothing changes.

Adam - it's my bottom page Wedding Client Planner - it has tabs and lots of widgets and apps on it... but I don't think an amount that's unreasonable. 

Message 23 of 23
Square

I made a copy of your site so I could see the live page, but I was prompted to enter a key for the paid theme. When I switched to a standard Weebly theme the Wedding Client Planner page is the only page that broke. All of your other pages loaded at a decent speed for me and looked as they do on your real site. Did you purchase the theme from a third party or code it yourself?

https://testweddingclientplanner3.weebly.com/

Message 23 of 23

HI Adam - it's a theme from Baamboo Studio who I understand is an approved third party app supplier for weebly.  I also have their X Box set which I love.

To be honest I'm not fussed about the theme, I could pretty much create it myself anyway.  Should I remove the theme?  I def want to keep the X, Tabs and Flexibox set though as they allow me to do things we cannot do with weebly organically.

If you could guys could write those apps yourselves, perhaps that would help?

Tags (1)
Message 23 of 23

Hey again - is that what my site looks like without the theme?  

Message 23 of 23

Okay that's it, i've had it and i'm moving to WIX.

I just accidently deleted an entire page of work, actually THREE pages because it was a tabs app.  One week of work, it appeared I was deleting an element due to slow loading, and I actually deleted the entire page of work and you guys do not have an undo button for that which is crazy.  I now have to do the entire week of work again.  How you can not have an undo option is beyond me.  

Message 23 of 23
Square

Very sorry to hear that. Yes, an undo button is our most highly requested feature. We don't have a timeline of when that feature would be implemented but it is something we are working on. 

I'm really sorry again that you lost all of that work! Smiley Sad I would be incredibly frustrated as well. 

Message 23 of 23

Thank you for your balanced and moderate response.  I am not moving to Wix I was just angry. 

I am a firm and loyal Weebly supporter, and I want to stay that way if I can.

If we can PLEASE get the undo buttons, the other platforms have it it's SO important.

Thank you.

Message 23 of 23
Square

Awe, thanks for reaching out. I totally understand how you feel. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 23

Wondering when we could get a ETA on that undo button?? 

Message 23 of 23
Square

I don't have any updates at the moment, unfortunately. Did you subscribe to the Vote on Features post about it, @Barefoot?

Message 23 of 23