x

how do i change the colour of text in my store front?

Hi, can anyone help with an online shop i have been working on - because whilst i have managed to customize some text and backgrounds using css, i can not find out how i can change the colour of the text for price on my store - at the moment the colour is a light grey and it doesn't contrast enough. i don't want to change the background.  many thanks for any help!! laura 

http://www.passionateaboutpashminas.co.uk/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hello laura! Just to be clear, are you looking to make that change in the CSS specifically?

Message 2 of 9

Hi Queso, yes just in CSS, have you any clue? many thanks Laura

Message 3 of 9

That wouldn't be something I could help out with from here, unfortunately, but I believe our Community here may be able to lend a hand.

Message 4 of 9

Hi @lauradee,

If you add the CSS below to you site's CSS you'll get the results pictured below.

Settings>SEO and add it to the Header Code window.

<style>
.wsite-com-product-price {
    color: #a9e4f8;
    font-weight: 500;
}
</style>

Let me know how you go.

Cheers, Mark 

Message 5 of 9

Dear Mark,  How does this work?!! Thank you SO much.  I thought I didn't know i could add it to the header code in the weebly header section (Settings>SEO>).  I thought I had to change the CSS within weebly - actually this is what i have been doing.  I really appreciate your very correct response. Do you know if there is a tutorial on weebly anywhere about this?  Many, Many thanks again...Laura 

Message 6 of 9

Hi @lauradee,

Glad to see it works for you. 

You can add CSS 3 ways. 

To effect every page you can do it in either the Settings>SEO Header Code, or in the HTML/CSS editor. I prefer to encourage people to use the former method because it's easy to see what has changed and fix it if an error occurs. It also means that you haven't technically​ changed the theme.

The other way is to add it to the SEO of each individual page by clicking Pages>page name>SEO and add it to the header code section.

Hope this helps, Mark

Message 7 of 9

Hi Mark,

Wow - i didn't know that at all - i've been adding it to the html/css editor all along - a major epiphany - thanks you again! 

Laura

Message 8 of 9

There's no problem adding it to the actual CSS file if you're confident in what you're adding. I tend to give advice that errs on the side of caution because I don't know the experience of the user.

Thanks for the feedback, @lauradee.

Cheers Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9