x

.html code changed all on it's own!

My .html code for No Header has changed all on it's own.

My editor was hanging yesterday afternoon after trying to upload an image to a slideshow. I closed the browser and shut my PC down. This morning when opening my site in the editor the only thing that it shows is the footer. After checking the theme files I noticed that the .html for my no header page has changed, all that's left is the code for the footer.

I went to previous copies of my site to see if i couldn't copy and paste the missing code, but it's gone from those too!!!

What happened??? and will this affect the layout of my website if I replace the code? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Custom themes are global, so any changes made to it while editing one site would apply to all the others. Do you remember which theme you customized to make it? It might be easiest to switch to that theme, copy the HTML code for the No Header template on that theme, then switch back to your custom theme and paste that code in for that page template.

Message 2 of 5

I had a problem a few weeks ago where just about every Custom HTML field that I created changed itself. The bug was that it added a slash: \    before every quote: " .  

As you can imagine that causes quite a big change and meant that I had to edit every HTML field on my pages - about 2 hours work that I shouldn't have to do.

It happened on both of my sites which was **bleep** frustrating.

Message 3 of 5

Hello mjcs! Sorry for the trouble, that was an issue specific to the Embed Code element that our team worked on clearing up a while back. Are you still seeing anything like that on your site?

Message 4 of 5

Hi @Queso, it seems fixed i haven't had the problem for a couple of weeks now. Thanks to whoever solved it! 

Thanks Mark.

Message 5 of 5