x

noreply@editmysite? and weebly checkout in url??

Why does my email address show noreply@editmysite with my store emails?  I am with a host, that offers weebly.  Is this normal with sites that are hosted with an apporoved weebly distributor?  Or is there something wrong in the configuration?

One other question.. Why is it that I cannot get rid of the weebly checkout in my url for my cart?  My web host - globat says that it is not an option, even though I have my own ssl?  Is this also something that another host can pick and chose what they offer?  Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

@DonnaL

With respect, I think you'll find that officially Globat is not an "officially approved distributor" but in fact licence the Weebly system and as part of the licensing are required to provide their own support to you.   Weebly are unable to access your account with Globat to troubleshoot anything.

If you want the "full" experience of Weebly then move to Weebly! 🙂

Message 2 of 9

ok

Message 3 of 9

I am seeing the same thing, and I am not using a third party. It is a recent phenomenon that the return address for web orders made through my store are showing as no-reply@editmysite.com. I'd like to restore it to my own email address, so customers can reply to me through their invoice email. 

Message 10 of 9
Square

Can you go to Store > Store Emails, then set up a Sender Profile, @Ghul? Once you do that the emails should come from the email address you set up there. Sorry for the trouble!

Message 10 of 9

Hello, my problem was not solved by setting up the sender profile with my correct return address. When I have a sale, my notifications continue to come from no-reply@editmysite.com.

Again, this is a recent phenomenon; it was never this way until recently.

Message 10 of 9
Square

What's the name of your site @Ghul. Do we have permission to create a test product to make an order?

Message 10 of 9

I have good news. I discovered the solution to this problem, if you would like to add it to your solutions list:

Edit Site -> Store -> Store Emails -> Edit Email Theme 

When you select an email theme (a recent feature?) and no longer use the original format, the new theme includes your correct return email address. I tried this solution last night. Overnight I received a few orders, and lo and behold I no longer had the no-reply@editmysite return email address. 

That being said, you have my blessing to take a look at my shopping cart:

http://www.hyperborea.tv

One thing I would also note -- when I look at the different themes available, I do see one that is called "default". I'm not sure if I had the default theme before I made the change. It is possible that I had an older default that generated the issue. 

Anyway, "default" is boring. I think "color block" generates a lovely receipt for your customers.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Message 10 of 9
Square

Thanks for the update, @Ghul. Sounds like selecting a theme updated something so it used the proper email address.

Message 10 of 9