x

Best template for mobile site?

I have a Weebly site and it's nice on the desktop but sort of sucks on a cell phone.  I use a custom template right now and was suggested to use one of the Weebly templates to improve it.  This event is for an annual event so looking for one that would work for that best versus something like a template geared towards e-commerce or something.  Willing to redesign the site if it looks and looks better on the cell phone since the number of people reviewing our site use a cell phone to see it in increasing numbers.  Thanks to all.

- Jim

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Hello 

Yes, certainly, it is 

www.littlescandibaby.com

Message 25 of 35
Square

Is there something in particular with your mobile site that looks bad to you, @scandibaby? I took a look at your site on a mobile device and it looks like it's working correctly, and your content is stacking vertically like i'd expect.

Message 25 of 35

Weebly aptal bir site. Tüm temalar mobil düşmanı. Hiçbir tema mobil uyumlu değil! DEĞİL!

Message 25 of 35

Hi Adam ,

I have changed the theme and switched to mobile-friendly , but the mobile-friendly isn't working. 

Can you please assist?

www.discoverthenewyou.com.au 

Cheers,

Juliana 

Message 36 of 35
Square

Thanks for posting, @julianastanger7.

I checked the site you linked and the theme the published site is using is an older, non-responsive theme. Did you publish the site again after switching to a newer theme?

Message 36 of 35

Hi Legend,

Yes, I have published it again.

Wich newer theme do you recommend?

Regards,

Juliana 

Message 36 of 35

Got it working now.

Cheers again.

Juliana
Message 36 of 35

I am having the same issues. It is a little annoying that people have been having this issue for years and weebly have not fixed it yet.

My content looks great on desktop, but as soon as the view is switched to mobile the entire header gets chopped off and only the middle content shows. How can the theme be 'responsive' if the header does not automatically align for mobile? 

Please let me know if there are any fixes for this as the vast majority of my customers will be via mobile. 

Thank you

Message 36 of 35
Square

You'll see that kind of cropping with a horizontal image on mobile because the image will fill the space vertically, then crop whatever doesn't fit horizontally (which is naturally greater in portrait mode where the screen is narrow). If you were to do the reverse and fill the space horizontally, it would show the whole image but you'd end up with empty space above and below the image. 

Message 36 of 35

I'm not seeing a straight answer to this issue and I need one. 

1. I'm editor
  2. I click on the dropdown at the top and choose mobile view
  3. To the right is a box that says "
    Mobile Options
    This is a responsive theme, mobile options do not apply."

All options are grey-out and cannot be select.

So, are there theme that allow the editing of the mobile view?  Yes or no.  If yes, names of themes.  NOT a link showing every theme there is.  Only the names of the themes that are NOT responisive and will allow editing of the mobile view.

HOW DO WE EDIT THE MOBILE VIEW already.  Instructions!
Message 36 of 35
Square

The responsive themes will automatically convert the site to a mobile view depending on the size of screen. The older themes (from years ago) used to have a separate editing panel, but it was pretty limited. These older themes are no longer supported, so we don't typically suggest using them. 

Is there anything in particular about your current mobile view that is not working for you? 

Message 36 of 35

I am having a similar problem.  I was forced to a newer theme, spent time cleaning it up to be close to what my client wants, but the mobile options state "This is a responsive theme, mobile options do not apply."  I have published and reloaded and I still cannot make any changes to the mobile view.  I understand it's stacked, but it does not allow for any resizing or hiding of elements...?  https://www.johnnyanonymous.net/

Message 36 of 35

Hi Adam.  

I'm having the same problem.  My images display beautifully on desktop, but on mobile they are cropped strangely and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust what part of the image displays.  Can you help?

www.rebeccagibel.com

Thanks.

Message 36 of 35
Square

Hi @Rebeccagibel 👋 It's not possible to change the focal point for an image, but it may help if you add a spacer element if the issue is with background images. 

Is there a specific example you can share with us?  

Message 36 of 35