x

How do I edit my mobile site or control how content is shown on it?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

It won't let me edit my mobile site, and I'm not a fan how it's automatically been done by weebly. It's saying this is a responsive theme. Is there any way to edit this? Thanks

Message 1 of 82
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Try doing something like this, @jeremyslome:

1. Add the Hide app from the App Center to your site: https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide?ref=ac-search

2. Drag the element into the header area, then add a spacer into it

3. Set it to only display on small devices

I think that doing this should make it so the spacers give extra height to the header area, but only on mobile.

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

How do you set to only display on mobile device - the options I am getting for hiding are size oriented? Thanks!

Message 33 of 82
Square

Set it to display only on small, @Cicada - that should make it only show on mobile devices.

Message 33 of 82

Adam, are you saying I should 'hide' medium and large? Thanks!

Message 33 of 82
Square

Yes, that's right - that will make the contents only show on smaller screens.

Message 33 of 82

I use JustHost.com and inside that I use the Weebly Site Editor. They do not support the Hide Feature. How can I use this with them hosting? Do i need to transfer the page directly to you edit it them transfer it back? Or do I need to transfer the hosting to your site directly?

I am not sure but I like your editor but I want to fix the mobile site.

Message 33 of 82
Square

It wouldn't be possible to transfer a site built through JustHost or another host to us directly. I would recommend contacting JustHost with your question, @Freed22805.

Message 33 of 82

When I click on Publish in the mobile section it loads fine but still has classic view when I check the site on my phone. Am I doing something wrong ?

Message 33 of 82
Square

Hi @Mud What is the name of your website, please? 

Message 33 of 82

Hi There,

I'm using Weebly via Ipage is it possible to use the app in weebly

to edit the mobile design?

TIA

Paul

Message 33 of 82
Square

Hi @paul11 I believe it depends on the reseller. If you contact iPage they should be able to confirm. 1 (877) 472-4399

Message 33 of 82

Worked like Magic - thank you!

Message 33 of 82

How about now after 2 years? my site on mobile looks messy but on desktop looks great. it is baliaupair.com please check and help. thank you

Message 40 of 82
Square

I think you site looks pretty good overall, @melianatesa. One thing you can do to simplify things on mobile is use an app like the Hide app:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide

With that you can make it so that some content is only display on certain screen sizes, or even duplicate the same content in two different elements but organize it differently.

Message 40 of 82

Hi @Adam,

Good day!

I was wondering if you can give us tips as well on how to fix the mobile version of our site. The problem is I can't seem to update the details/texts posted on our homepage. I have recently changed the phone number shown on the last paragraph of our Welcome page but for some reason this won't reflect on the mobile view of our site (desktop view is ok)?

Btw, here's our website http://www.ajbuckingham.com.au/ and our new phone number is 03 9458 4211 or 0400 103 489.

I'd appreciate any help/tip from anyone here.

Thank you!

Rolan

I or 0400 103 489

Message 40 of 82
Square

My best guess is it's something caused by your custom theme, since it seems to use different content on the mobile site. Switching to a standard theme would probably fix it so the same content is shown on both mobile and desktop, but it also might cause some of the content not to show since it's tied to custom content areas in the theme. Did you make the custom theme or did someone else? I would contact the theme designer first to see if they have any ideas.

Message 40 of 82

Hi @Adam

I've added the follwing code to SEO> Footer Code to reduce the Site Title font size only on mobile:

<style>
@Mediascreen and (max-width: 767px)
{
.banner-wrap .banner h2
{
font-size: 5px !important
}
}
</style>

As you can see in the above code, I tried dramatically reducing the font to 5px, just to see if it would work, but it's making no difference on the mobile version. Might you be able to help me? Here's the website: https://stevenhermanlaw.weebly.com/

Message 40 of 82
Square

Hi @BCloud Weebly employees are not able to assist with custom code, but we have a few users in community that can sometimes help out. Did you publish the site after making adding the code? Sometimes code changes do not show up in the editor, but will appear on the live site. 

Message 40 of 82

Hi @Bernadette ,

Thank you so much for your reply & suggestions. Yes, I've published the site after making the changes. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!

Message 40 of 82

Is it still not possible, almost three years later? Feeling frustrated - this is taking much too long precisely because I need to make a change that doesn't work for both mobile and desktop versions.
Message 42 of 82
Square

No, it's not and I'm sorry for the frustration. What type of change do you need to make? Maybe we can offer a work around? 

Message 42 of 82

Hi Adam,

I am having difficulties of editing mobile version. Before I've done it through an old editor and it was easy. Now I want to remove some text at the bottom of the website through mobile editor, but the new editor won't let me. Please help how to remove the random text (chfdhhdsh) on the bottom of my site https://www.testprepunlimited.com/

Please understand that I can not update the theme to the new one provided by weebly because my site has already too many contents and a lot of work has been done. I only need access to edit the mobile editor content so I can remove that random text. Please help a.s.a.p! Thank you

Message 50 of 82