x

Incorrect font color in mobile version

Hi. I have a problem with my website www.rodrigosilvestri.com, when I enter with a desktop browser it looks fine with the text colors I chose, but when I open it in mobile mode it shows different link colors, all different shades of gray (some unreadable) not orange as it should be.

I disabled the mobile view for now, but I need help with this.
I remember checking this when I started using this theme some years ago and the mobile version looked fine. How do I set the right colors for the mobile version? (Or how do I make it just show the same colors as the desktop version?)

Thanks,
Rodrigo

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @rsilves

I'm pretty sure someone here can help you, but unfortunately we'll need to be able to see the problem in order to fix it. Can you enable the mobile version again. On my phone, the links are orange at the moment and look fine. 

Cheers, Mark

Message 15 of 15

Hi @MJCS, I just enabled it so you can see it.

Message 15 of 15

Thank you, I can see the problem. Leave it with me. I'll get back to you asap.

Cheers, Mark

Message 15 of 15

Hi @rsilves, did you disable it again? It seems orange again now? You'll need to leave it enabled while I'll try and fix it, please.

Thank you, Mark

Message 15 of 15

@MJCS yep, sorry, I thought that was enough. Enabled again!

Message 15 of 15

Hi @rsilves,

Line #53 of your mobile main CSS is currently: "h2 > a { color: #404449 !important; }"

Can you please change it to:

h2 > a {color: #ed7728 !important;}

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers, Mark

Message 15 of 15

@MJCS I cannot find a way to access the mobile main CSS. I went to Theme > Edit HTML / CSS and there's no "mobile" CSS there. If I change to the Mobile view prior to doing this, the site gets stuck showing a gray phone with white background - and no site in it. Maybe I'm not following the right steps, could you tell me exactly how to get there?

Message 15 of 15

@rsilves, it might be because you are using an old 'Non responsive theme'. Do you remember the name of the theme?

Message 15 of 15

@rsilves,

While in mobile view in the editor, click on Theme, and then Change Fonts. What can you adjust the colour under the Links heading? It might be that simple?

Thanks, Mark

Message 15 of 15

@MJCS I don't remember the name of the theme, I selected it once a couple of years ago and totally forgot about it.

When I'm in Mobile mode and I click Theme, it goes back to Desktop, and the font colors there are right...

Message 15 of 15

I'm sorry to hear that, @rsilves

As I'm not an employee of Weebly I can't access your site editor. My only other suggestion is to click on change theme and preview some of the newer responsive themes until you find one that suits you. The newer themes are very nice and will automatically work on Mobile devices with out having to edit another view.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be more help. 

Regards, Mark

Message 15 of 15

Ok, I understand. I tried some but didn't find one that could be easily changed to look the same as the current one. Could you recommend me one that you think could work? I need to be able to set the gray background, and I want to be able to set a maximum width like mine (lots of the newer ones adjust the width to the browser and I don't want a huge picture.

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Message 15 of 15

@rsilves, they're all quite adjustable. You can set the width of pictures either by adding spacers around your images or with some CSS. 

Background colours are easy to edit and you can use the sections to create a variety of colours or shades if desired. 

You can also set the width of the website depending upon the screen resolution, so it looks nice on phones, iPads, laptops, etc.

Once you have made a choice let me know if you need to change any of those features but can't.

Regards, Mark

Message 15 of 15

that is so right.
Message 16 of 15