x

Mobile app - unable to delete drafts

Hi,

I use the education version of Weebly to post class news from an iPad mini.

This has worked OK up until recently. Now every time I try to create a new post I get the spinning wheel and, when I give up waiting, another draft is created.

I now have 20 drafts, and can't delete any of them, and basically can't use the app to crreate blog posts on my iPad. As soon as I hit the + button for a new post the spinning wheel just keeps on spinning.

I used to be able to delete a draft by opening the draft and choosing to delete the post, from the Options button.

I have deleted the app an reinstalled, without success. I have the latest version of the app, on a iPad mini running 10.3.3.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Vicki

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Is your iPad capable of using cellular data, @KiamaVicki? If it is, try switching from wifi to cellular or vice versa. 

Message 9 of 8

Thanks Adam - but no, WiFi only.

Vicki

Message 9 of 8
Square

Ahh ok; like my personal iPad mini then. Try powering it off completely and turning it back on.

Message 9 of 8

Thanks Adam.

I have been working around the problem by using my iPhone, but now that has started doing the same thing. When I click on the Blog icon, I just get the spinning wheel while it tries to load, then another inaccessible draft is created that I can't access or delete.

I also accessed the editor in Safari, and deleted the drafts there. (Only 2 listed, not 18 like in the app!)

i restarted the iPad, and then Weebly kept on crashing in startup - the white screen with the blue 'weebly' icon appeared for 15 secs, then it just crashed back to the home screen.

So, deleted and reinstalled, and now seems to be more responsive.

I'll keep you updated.

Message 9 of 8

Thanks Adam.

I have been working around the problem by using my iPhone, but now that has started doing the same thing. When I click on the Blog icon, I just get the spinning wheel while it tries to load, then another inaccessible draft is created that I can't access or delete.

I also accessed the editor in Safari, and deleted the drafts there. (Only 2 listed, not 18 like in the app!)

i restarted the iPad, and then Weebly kept on crashing in startup - the white screen with the blue 'weebly' icon appeared for 15 secs, then it just crashed back to the home screen.

So, deleted and reinstalled, and now seems to be more responsive.

I'll keep you updated.

Message 9 of 8

Hello Adam

I Also have one of my users ending up with the problem with drifts and problem to delete ( it ends up with the spinning wheel )

Is it to understand that it has a crash when it reach a certain amount of drafts ?

I have never experienced this - but the editor/creator that has access has novice skills.

Is it any possibility to remotly clean up a clients app with drafts - or are they stored locally in each app ?

Just to make the problem solve as smooth as possible for my client - rather than he has to delete and reinstall every second month due to exceed of drafts ...
Message 9 of 8
Square

If the drafts don't exist when you check the site with a desktop/laptop computer, then deleting and re-installing the app should clear those drafts since they weren't synced with us.

Message 9 of 8