x

Slideshow stops after switching tabs on mobile

I'm having an issue with which I'm at an impasse. A jQuery based slideshow (written by Weebly) is, I suspect, encountering a JS error in iOS Safari.

https://www.agapepaws.com/

Scroll down to Recent & Planned Litters. There are slideshows (jQuery source) separated within tabs. Each slideshow pauses 8 seconds per image, and permanently stops when you manually navigate to a different image by clicking a thumbnail.

Everything works fine on all browsers I've seen with the exception of Safari for iOS (iOS v11.1.2). For some reason, it works fine in Safari until you click a different tab. After you click any tab, all slideshows permanently stop.

What causes this issue?

I cannot install a script on the live site. iOS debug console requires a Mac, which I do not have. I have tried this on Safari 5, the last version that worked with Windows, and the issue does not occur.

Can anyone assist?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

To be clear, this seems like an actual bug in the Weebly-provided tabs and/or slideshow elements.
Message 7 of 6
Square

Thanks for the detailed information, @Brevity. If you move the slideshow out of the Tabs element, does it behave as expected in mobile Safari?

Message 7 of 6

That's correct. And I created a new page with no added JavaScript or anything that might be breaking the natural behavior of the Weebly apps, and it still does the same thing:

https://www.agapepaws.com/issue.html

The slideshow outside of the tabs works forever. The slideshow inside the tabs works on the default (first) tab, but as soon as you change tabs, both slideshows on both tabs stop working.

This only occurs on Safari Mobile as far as I can tell, but it's completely consistent in occurring. It seems to me to clearly be some kind of cross-browser compatability issue in the script event of switching tabs. But I couldn't even begin to debug it for you because it only occurs in iOS.

Message 7 of 6

Hello @Adam. Any update to the response below? The majority of users on the site are viewing from mobile and it's frustrating for mobile support for slideshows to be broken.

Message 7 of 6
Square

This should only be a problem for slideshows within the tabs app; any that are not should work as expected. Are you having trouble with slideshows that are not in a tabs element, @agapepaws?

Message 7 of 6