x

my website doesn't work on mobile devices

I just recently created my first website with weebly. It now works great when i open it on my desktop but when i open it on my mobile device i cannot access any of the tabs that i can see on my desktop. I can only see the homepage.

the website is www.islshenzhen.com

I would appreciate any advice that could help me with this

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there The menu tabs when viewed on a mobile device are the 3 lines on the top of the page,  on urs,  left side..

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 9

There are no 3 lines visible at the top of the page on our site, though if you tap in that area, the menu does appear. Obviously, users won't know that. Any advice? My website is www.ballconstructionfl.com. 

Message 10 of 9
Square

Hi @LisaLuzier The theme you are using is super old and I recommend updating to a newer, responsive theme. The other issue is that the theme has been customized. It's possible that something in the custom code is causing an issue with the mobile view. If you do decide to update the theme it would be best to first make a copy of the site, and practice changing the theme on the copy site. Since your theme is older you will most likely need to re-upload anything in the header sections. You can make a copy of the site by clicking the dropdown in the top right corner of the main dashboard. 

Message 10 of 9
Square

Yes, what whitemonkey advised. All of the mobile site will utilize the "hamburger" menu display. It is standard for most sites these days. Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 9

Thankgs but that hamburger menu was not working at the time.

I believe weebly have fixed it now

Message 10 of 9
Square

Oh good. Smiley Happy Glad to hear, @walker1986

Message 10 of 9

i have the same problem - the hamburger is there on mobile but it doesn't do anything.

Villa Russell - Villa Russell Boutique B&B Bay of Islands New Zealand

Message 10 of 9

Mine is the same way.  The "hamburger" doesn't work unless you switch to desktop mode with in the mobile browser.

Message 10 of 9