x

Links in promotional emails flagged as phishing

We've recently sent out a promotional newsletter and some of our customers have reported that they cannot open the links (the links just go to the blog on our weebly site).

After clicking through I can see that our live AV protection (malwarebytes) flags the link up as a potential phishing site.

What is happening on the Weebly side to make a link to our own blog be flagged as phishing?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Sorry to hear, @tsspace Can you post a link to the blog that is flagged? 

Message 2 of 7

Hi @Bernadette 

I can't post the link causing the problem. Every time I do the post fails (telling me to "fix the errors highlighted in red" but there are no errors highlighted in red).

This is the link to the blog post:
https://www.ts-space.co.uk/news/december-update-and-news

but the issue is not with that link, the problem is in the promote email turns the blog link into a redirect via click.promote.weebly.com to track the click. It is that link which is being flagged as phishing.

Message 3 of 7
Square

Sorry for the delay. Are you still having an issue with this?

Message 4 of 7

Hi @Bernadette yes the issue is still there. Any links generated from the "promote" emails which redirect through click.promote.weebly.com are flagged as phishing/spam.

I can't post the link on here because your forum flags them as phishing/spam.

Message 5 of 7

I've reported the flase positive flag on the domain to Malwarebytes who will hopefully remove it. However, the fact that your own forums are flagging it as spam/phishing suggests the the IP block for the click.promote.weebly.com domain has been blacklisted somewhere.

Message 6 of 7
Square

Thanks for reporting it as a false-positive. Hopefully our Policy team also makes headway with their own actions so this can get resolved soon.

Message 7 of 7