x

Weebly still add promote.weebly.com to the message header but I'm using my domain bellabee.org

Hi!

"When I send an email as bellabee.org through Weebly all of the emails are going to spam. Probable reason is because Weebly is still adding the domain promote.weebly.com to the message header but I'm using my domain bellabee.org to send the email. Since the domain promote.weebly.com is in the 'Return-Path' and bellabee.org is in the 'From' in the message header this is considered as suspicious behavior by mail clients. Weebly needs to make sure the bellabee.org is used on both the 'Return-Path' and the 'From' in the message header.

You can see this in this part of the message header that Weebly sent:

dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=QUARANTINE) header.from=bellabee.org
Return-Path: <bounces+18819187-355c-hq=bellabee.us@promote.weebly.com>
Received: from o2.promote.weebly.com (o2.promote.weebly.com. [167.89.21.197])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id g13si3022804edu.259.2020.10.06.11.52.13
        for <hq@bellabee.us>
        (version=TLS1_3 cipher=TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 bits=128/128);
        Tue, 06 Oct 2020 11:52:14 -0700 (PDT)"

Can someone help how to change this setting?

Thank you, Urban

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Thanks for your post, @UrbanB. You might want to try adding an SPF record to your domain, with this as the info for the record:

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com include:sendgrid.net ~all

Since you are using Cloudflare with your domain you'll probably need to set that up through them.

Message 2 of 3

You are the KING!

Weebly support and Google support were not able to see this in a week of troubles, and countless ping pongs Smiley Wink.

Only one thing left, it goes in Promotional box, not Updates or Inbox. I was sending test emails only.

Thank you, Urban

Message 3 of 3