x

Abusing the Ad Network - Malicious or Unwanted Software - Malware

The Weebly and Adwords incompatibility issue has still not been resolved even though I requested the manual review from Google Ads.

This is the latest response from Google…

Why your site is suspended?

I would like to inform you that for your website: had been disabled due to violation of our "Abusing the Ad Network - Malicious or Unwanted Software - Malware" policy. Our latest scan detects Malware/links that are potentially harmful to you and to the site visitors. It seems that your site (landing page) has malicious links.

Below are the links that we’ve detected:

(editmysite[.]com )

This is ridiculous – I am seriously considering moving my website to another platform. It’s been since the 13th of February and still we have no AdWords running, but our competition are getting most of our leads.

Really NOT happy!! Weebly needs to do something to get this sorted asap!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

@Nadine1  @Adam 

Hi

This would be a typical automated response, coming off an audit which uses Google AI (once known as the algorithm - coupled with AdWords quality review)

The only way (I think) Google will approve Weebly sites for AdWords is if they have a manual override. It is unlikely that they would adjust their codes to take account of one platform. (Also this could lead to other abuses of the system from non Weebly users.)

That manual override will depend on people, who may or may not have time, or even be aware of the issue.

One possible solution is to develop a Weebly form, which Weebly AdWords users have, which accompanies any campaign set-up. Would have the usual fields to identify user, authorization number etc etc.This would be processed and authorized  by Weebly and passed onto Google. 

Bit old fashioned and laborious but could save days and weeks of frustration.

Message 2 of 6
Square

Please contact Google Adwords support, @Nadine1. They will need to do a manual review for you, so you should ask them for one. You can also use their own Transparency Report tool to show them that you site has no malware:

https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=

Message 2 of 6

@Nadine1 

Did you get any further with this? From what I understood you had the requested  a manual review and the story was the same (CDN edit issue).

Message 2 of 6

No resolution yet and Weebly just keeps pointing the fault to Google Ads. Still waiting for results of the second manaul review from AdWords.

At the point now where I want to move my website to another provider as I need the AdWords leads to run my business.

Weebly has already cost me so much since this problem started.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Nadine1 

Thanks for the update.

It can hardly be Google's fault as they have their controls and balances. The issue is one of them making a manual change, and they have never been big on that.

Hope the 2nd review comes thru for you.

Message 2 of 6