x

Assigning specific SEO terms to individual blog posts.

Blog pages combine all the posts on a single page. Yet SEO terms that apply to one are likely to be completely irrelevant to another.

How can terms be assigned/restricted to individual posts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

@weebleed 

if you use the READ MORE BREAK   each blog ppost will have its own page

Message 2 of 5

Thanks, whitemonkey, but.... The blogs already exist and are published and, if I go back to edit them, the only place that the READ MORE BREAK element will go is at the end of the copy. 

Besides, the individual posts are not particularly long, and forcing readers to take extra steps to see the entire article is likely to be annoying. It's like inserting a commercial break -- something that diffuses a person's focus and concentration.

It would make more sense to me to be allowed to create each post as a container -- a self-contained, encapsulated element (all the copy, images, and SEO settings) -- and add it to the top of a stack as if I were arranging a vertical gallery. Each post could then be moved or re-ordered or linked to another site element without affecting any other posts or their own SEO terms and phrases.

Message 2 of 5

@weebleed 

i dt use the  BLOG pages now... i use standard pages  much easier , with h1 title tags  and have the "feed"   on the home page. with h2 title tags  works wonders

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com

Message 2 of 5

Yeah, that ain't gonna work. I actually want people to come to a blog page, and I like the way past posts are organized in the sidebar.

If I do each post as a separate Standard Page, I would have to create snippets on the Blog Page that use the Read More Break to go to each Standard Page post. It's conceivable, of course. It just takes extra steps that would be unnecessary if SEO terms could be assigned/restricted to individual posts.

Message 2 of 5