x

Can't change title tag

Dear Weebly users, I have a problem with not being able to change the title tag of

my home page. When you type in my author page 'jkashort' into google, the clickable

title tag comes up as 'wayfarer' but I want to change it. I tried following the steps and

edited in in the seo settings/page title of that particular page, but even though I've published it

and the name change appears in the text box, on google, it still remains the same.

What can I do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

We can take a look at that @jkashort What is the name of your website?

Message 2 of 6

Hi Bernadette,

Thanks for responding. My website is jkashort.com.

The title tag comes up as 'Wayfarer' but I am trying to change it

to: JKA Short: Adventure, Slipstream & Spec Author.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated!

Message 2 of 6

Hi Bernadette,

Just touching base to see if anything could be worked out?

I noticed that the name 'JKA Short: Adventure & Slipstream Author'

was added/appears in Weebly store manager, but it still doesnt solve my problem:

when you google 'jkashort' the very first entry that appears is a title tag/blue link that says 'Wayfarer.'

It is this that I want changed. How can one do it?

Thanks, 

Jesse

Message 2 of 6
Square

If you recently made the change it may just take the search engines some time to update. You can always try resubmitting the site for Google to recrawl manually. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Message 2 of 6

hi Jesse, if youve changed anything you have to tell Google....   you should have webmaster tools/google console...  fetch it  or go to the new console,  linked top left, and somewhere in there u can sub mit to google... look for the indexing section    look for pages with any errors,   and enter ur url u need to submit.   google can take a while.

good luck.     dm me if u cant figure out what im going on about

whitemonkeytravels

Message 2 of 6