x

Can't get site to appear on google anywhere

Hi,

apologies for the vague post.

3 years ago I made a website for my business that worked just fine; its top of the google search listings for several search terms and I am very happy with my ROI from this site.

My partner has started her own business and asked me to do the SEO for her, as mine worked so well.

I have done everything I did for my site on hers and although the site is verified and recognised by google, I simply can't find it anywhere, using a variety of search terms.

Can anyone suggest anything to help me?

She is getting rather cross with me...

Regards,

Antony

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

@Elan 

Please what is the url/website name

Message 2 of 18

Thanks for your reply and yes, that would help!

www.elanhr.co.uk

Thanks,

Antony

Message 2 of 18

Lol
Message 2 of 18

And thats the site u SEO'd for ur friend and cant get anywhere?

Message 2 of 18

Yes

Message 2 of 18

I want it to appear for HR related search terms;

HR consultant etc

Message 2 of 18

And what search terms r u trying?
Message 2 of 18

HR consultant

HR consultant Tunbridge Wells

Message 2 of 18

Then u have gotta put those words in the page and/or site SEO meta keyword boxes, page description. Site description   AND on the pages them selves

This is what is see when searching

Site:yoursite.co.uk

Message 2 of 18

And if u r looking for Tunbridge wells     ur site says  TONBRIDGE

Message 2 of 18

Yep, so it exists on google, I tried the site: command after reading another of your posts.

All the various relevant search terms, including those main ones, are on the SEO section of each page of the site.

The site is verified, with a sitemap, and I put an H1 header on the blog page, for starters.

Still I can't find it when I search.

I'm not expecting it to be high up at this stage, just on page 7 or 8, so I have something to work with.

Message 2 of 18

I put in elan hr consultants Tonbridge:image

The ones above it are ads. If just search hr consultants Tonbridge there are thousands of ads above urs.. Uve got a lot of competition there!!!!

Message 2 of 18

Thanks for your continued effort.

If I do search using "Elan" it does appear, but I'm trying to attract people who don't know about us yet.

Did you find it anywhere, searchng on "HR consultants Tonbridge"?

Message 2 of 18

One problem I have is that for my previous website, on Google adwords, I could target, via increased payments, search terms of my choosing. 3 years later, I can't find that ability, only a bunch of suggested search terms that aren't particularly relevant.

Message 2 of 18

Ads are outta my league i know absolutely jack about that Good luck though . Cheers
Message 2 of 18

I scrolled 6 or 7 pages down and didnt find   

****About 3-6 entries per page are ads (wth)

and business sites listing firms.. Guess u gotta PAY to get noticed***

U need incoming links too  from estbnlished sites..

I lack those.   I dt have FB or insta.   But   I have good SEO, NOT enough content as yet    and seriously not enough traffic

Thanks for reading my site though!!

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com

Message 2 of 18

Hi 

Just visited your friend's website it's quite impressive. As said by you the site is verified and recognised by google but you are not able to find it using a variety of keywords. Firstly, you'll need to do keyword research that is specific to the niche & the terms you want to rank for.

• After doing thorough research, implement those keywords into your website properly.
  • The blog section on your website can do wonders for you as you can use it for content marketing and don't forget to do social media.

These were just a few suggestions which can rank your website. In case you want any help regarding your website, you can contact ILoveFashionRetail which offers a variety of e-commerce marketing services ranging from SEO, Blogging, Email Marketing, social media management, Paid advertisement and Influencer Marketing.

Hope you found this helpful.

Message 2 of 18