x

Google vs Bing

On bing, my website appears as I desire: Home page icon with the other pages' icons under it. On Google, there is no organization. My page is not the first option to show up and the pages are all scattered around. How do I fix that?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @cheepalma !

I see that you have on your site what appears to be a verification code for a Google Webmaster account.  One thing you can do to try to get Google to update its results is to log in to your Webmaster account and submit a sitemap for your site.  Search engine web crawlers like Googlebot read this file to more intelligently crawl your site.  The option to submit a sitemap is found under the Crawl category within your Google Webmaster account after you click on your domain to view its details.

If you click the Add/Test Sitemap button on the upper right, you can then enter the filename for your sitemap in the field.  Your domain name should be pre-filled, so all you need to do is enter sitemap.xml in the field.

It may take some time for Google to update its rankings, but that might help prompt them to more accurately display results for your site.

Message 2 of 3

I have the opposite issue.  Bing doesn't pick me up at all.  Not even when I type the full Url.  I have submitted the name and site map on bing webmaster but nothing

Message 2 of 3