x

Hidden Page not staying hidden in Google

When I select "Hide this page from search engines", it is still coming up in google. I just want the main page to show up, and none of the other pages to come up in the search, but they are popping up. Is it because google hasn't updated their searches or what?

Also how do I have the title of my website in the searches be one word, instead of "Something - Home" I don't want the dash, and I only want one word. 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Was your page not hidden from search engines before, @keinoros? Sounds like it's cached in search results. It will eventually fall out of Google's index of your site, although it might take a little while.

Regarding the title, we automatically create the title based on the page name and site name (separated by a dash), and it's not possible to change that, unfortunately.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Best Answer

Was your page not hidden from search engines before, @keinoros? Sounds like it's cached in search results. It will eventually fall out of Google's index of your site, although it might take a little while.

Regarding the title, we automatically create the title based on the page name and site name (separated by a dash), and it's not possible to change that, unfortunately.

Message 2 of 3

Yes, it was not hidden before. So I guess that is likely why. 

Thanks for your responce!

Message 2 of 3