x

How does the SEO under setting work?

There is the SEO setting under the settings tab and for separate pages.

Does the page SEO override the site SEO for that page so if you leave it empty it will use the site SEO?

If so, how does the meta keywords work?

Are the site meta keywords combined with the page specific ones for each page or does it only use the page keywords.

For example, if I have 'SEO' as a meta keyword in the settings tab and on my homepage SEO I have the keyword 'Home'

Does the home page use 'SEO' and 'Home' as keywords or just 'Home'?

Message 1 of 3
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

It works like this:

• Anything added to Settings > SEO is added to every page of your site
  • If you enter something for a specific page on the Pages tab, that information will be used instead of what you entered into Settings > SEO

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Beat me to it @Adam I was just typing the same (i think it was close to word for word) Smiley Happy

Just to add to that note... A bit of personal experience that we've found when getting sites to rank well in Weebly

Don't add anything in the page based SEO settings for the homepage, let the site level SEO do it's work for that... There are some special conditions you may still want to add page based SEO settings to the homepage, but I wouldn't recommend unless you are an advanced SEO'er

As for the Meta Keywords... There's a lot of debate between SEO experts and quite a lot of speculation that after the latest algorithm updates from Google, the Meta Keywords do not help with relevance scoring or ranking anymore... so don't worry too much about those, the two areas in the SEO settings that are vital are the page title and the page description...

Good luck!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Best Answer

It works like this:

• Anything added to Settings > SEO is added to every page of your site
  • If you enter something for a specific page on the Pages tab, that information will be used instead of what you entered into Settings > SEO
Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Beat me to it @Adam I was just typing the same (i think it was close to word for word) Smiley Happy

Just to add to that note... A bit of personal experience that we've found when getting sites to rank well in Weebly

Don't add anything in the page based SEO settings for the homepage, let the site level SEO do it's work for that... There are some special conditions you may still want to add page based SEO settings to the homepage, but I wouldn't recommend unless you are an advanced SEO'er

As for the Meta Keywords... There's a lot of debate between SEO experts and quite a lot of speculation that after the latest algorithm updates from Google, the Meta Keywords do not help with relevance scoring or ranking anymore... so don't worry too much about those, the two areas in the SEO settings that are vital are the page title and the page description...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3