x

How to hide my page from Google search

I have been trying to remove my Weebly site from Google search for a few months now. The website contains just one standard home page so I am unsure why it is taking so long to be removed from the Google search.

The things I have done to remove my webiste are listed below:

1. Under Settings > SEO > I turned on "Hide site from search engine"
  2. Under Settings > SEO > Header code > I pasted <meta name="googlebot" content="noindex"> 
  3. Under Pages >  clicking on the page I want hidden >SEO settings > I turned on Hide this page from search engines.

None of the attempts listed above worked in removing my site from Google. As said earlier, it has been a few months now so I'm unsure what else I can do. I would appreciate any recommendations/suggestions!

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

This is interesting, as most people want to not hide the site. We'll try our best to help you out, though! 😊 Hm.. after you made the above changes did you re-publish the website? 

@whitemonkey any suggestions on this one? 🤔

Message 2 of 5

Hi! Thanks for the reply and I appreciate any help! Yes, I've tried re-publishing it. 

Message 2 of 5
Square

Have you tried asking Google to recrawl the account? 

Message 2 of 5

@Bernadette @JonathanML 

If you site has only 1 page, its low priority  for Google   so it wll take forever to index it   and also possible forever to HIDE IT.

Have u tried clearing ur cache   ? As ur site may be loading from the cache and as you dt suppoy ur website url, no one can try it from their end  

Message 2 of 5