x

Is is better to make separate blog pages for each blog post or use the same page?

I have a page on my website that is called "modules" where I put a gallery and added pictures containing the title of my blog posts as well as link to the post. This makes it easy for visitors to scroll through the neat cubes and click on the title they find interesting and be redirected to the corresponding blog post. Right now, I have one page called "blog" where i've set it so that one blog post appears per page and I link the pages to the picture cubes. But the topics of the blog posts are different and I can only do one SEO because all the blogs are on one weebly "page". 

I am thinking about creating a new "page" for each blog post so that I can customize the SEO on each one. How many pages can there be on a weebly site and is this a good solution or will the site be slow?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

hi @Bernadette  @rusalochkaa 

you could do everything done using standard pages only...   manually add the date to the post...  though if u have  many posts it could get messy..

as i see it now , u have everything under  'blog'.

u could have 1blog  feeder page called  "new years 2020shows"    and another "Russian cartoon"  etc      then have all the posts   on the relevant blog feed. good for seo, keeps it tidy and neat

@Bernadette     havent been on here much.... was working a lot and preparing to leave,  which i do on Monday   Jan 6....

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

You could do that, @rusalochkaa.. Can you post a link to your site so we can take a look at your current setup? Are you linking to the blog page that contains the blog post, or are you linking directly to the post itself?

Message 2 of 5

I am currently linking directly to the post itself. I just want to be able to customize the SEO for each blog post, so I think I need to make a new blog page for each one. 

Here is a link to the site: https://berussian.weebly.com 

If you go to modules and click on one of the photo squares, it takes you to a blog post. 

Message 2 of 5
Square

Thanks for clarifying. You could technically make an individual blog page for each post. I'm not sure that's necessary, though. @whitemonkey Do you have any thoughts on this? 

Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

hi @Bernadette  @rusalochkaa 

you could do everything done using standard pages only...   manually add the date to the post...  though if u have  many posts it could get messy..

as i see it now , u have everything under  'blog'.

u could have 1blog  feeder page called  "new years 2020shows"    and another "Russian cartoon"  etc      then have all the posts   on the relevant blog feed. good for seo, keeps it tidy and neat

@Bernadette     havent been on here much.... was working a lot and preparing to leave,  which i do on Monday   Jan 6....

Message 2 of 5