x

My sitemap is out of date, how do I update it?

Hello

I've noticed my last two blog posts are not included in my sitemap.  How do I update the sitemap please?  Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hello

Please republish your entire website. This will update the sitemap if the last two blog posts are not appearing. You may need to clear your cache after republishing to ensure you see the most recent version of the sitemap.

Message 2 of 9

Thanks Robin

Message 2 of 9

@Robin you mean 'unpublish' the site and then 'publish' again the site?

Because I regularely publish my site but the sitemap is NOT updated.

Message 2 of 9
Square

This is a really old thread, @Adam-clark. Where do you see that the site map is not updating? 

Message 2 of 9

@Bernadette It's an OLD thread but WEEBLY continues to have BUGS regarding management of the SITEMAP.

Here is an image of the sitemap.xml file created by WEEBLY, which is clearly OUT of DATE and NOT updating compared the published website.

Message 2 of 9
Square

It looks like that site is hosted with Siteground, @Adam-clark, so there may be differences in hosting that could cause that. I'm not really sure, though, and it would be better to contact Siteground so they can take a look.

Message 2 of 9

@Adam 

Ok to close this item....the technical solution was for...

the hosting administrators / technicians....

1. deleted the SITEMAP.XML file on the server
  2. WEEBLY autotically recreated it

for some strange reason WEEBLY wouldn't update it.

Now it seems to be working but I haven't tried editing page URLs yet.

But at least the SITEMAP is accurate now.

Message 2 of 9
Square

Glad to hear that resolved it! Thank you for posting the solution as well in case anyone else on a third party host runs into it.

Message 2 of 9