x

Page Speed and SEO Question

I have used several tools, google pagespeed the most recent and I see a consistant issue come up.  Load speed and I see the following:

Minify CSS

Minify HTML

Minify Java Scirpt

I also see too many js files.

I know basic html but the reason I use Weebly is the easy drap and drop.  So editing the css is an issue for me.  

But my concern is that I bought a theme from a 3rd party (Roomey Themes) and I am curious if that could be part or the majority of the issues?

Could a poorly written theme from a 3rd party cause me these issues?  Would I be better off using a weebly created theme?

I apperciate any advice or insight

~ Mitch

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

There isn't really a way to change anything based on those recommendations from Google, although a site should load more than fast enough without doing those steps.

It is possible for a badly made third party theme to make a site load slower, particularly if it makes use a lot of large images or content pulled from other sites. You could probably try a standard theme temporarily to see if that improves things for you.

Message 2 of 7

Side by side.  Score dropped withh weebly theme; however the minify CSS and HTML passed.  Still confusewd about Optimizing images as everyimmage I use has been done, must be the theme images

Thoughts @Adam

imagewith 3rd party themeimageWeebly Theme

Message 2 of 7
Square

What's the address of the site you're doing your tests with, @jammallnyte?

Message 2 of 7

Message 2 of 7

Your website loads in 1.03s [very good]. There are few YouTube Java scripts that need improvement [they have an impact on the load speed]. Please check the screenshot below:

Message 2 of 7

Yes it does.  I moved it to a different host and on wordpress.  Amazing what a good hosting company can do for a website. 

Message 2 of 7