x

Page description and meta keywords

Hello, I have been reading a lot of the weebly help on the community board about SEO and I am still very confused so hopefully I can get straight answers this way...

What is the difference between page description and meta keywords?

There are 2 diffrent boxes to fill on the SEO settings but when I read the help it seems that they are serving the same purpose...very confusing.

I have a bookkeeping business, this is what I want to put in the description for the home page:

"We help small to medium size business owners by providing them with customised bookkeeping solutions so they can solely focus on their activity and confidently grow their business by making pro-active decisions based on reliable financial reports"

What do I put in the Meta Keywords box?

Thank you,

Franck

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Franck 

In the meta key words box , i put single words  separated by commas     .

The words r similar to that when u r hashtagging on insta or FB   (God forbid)

Words relevant to the page, site,you

Heres Weebly's own SEO GUIDE.. its VERY  helpful  as its just for Weebly:

https://www.weebly.com/seo

U only have option to put meta keywords on standard pages , not blog pages

Message 2 of 4

Hi @Franck,

Meta Description: this text describes your page (and includes your main keywords) and it's important because it can get someone searching on Google to click on your link. If more people click on your result, Google will notice and potentially improve your ranking. This is why it's an important field to optimise.

Ex: "We provide small and medium businesses with customised bookkeeping solutions so they can confidently grow by making decisions based on reliable financial reports"

Meta Keywords: these are just words relevant to the content on your page, separated by commas. Google and Bing don't really pay attention to these (or at least they claim they don't!). 

Ex: bookeeping,customised bookeeping,accounting services UK, bespoke accounting

Hope this was helpful!

Message 2 of 4

Google ignores Weebly's SEO page description and meta keywords, so it is a waste of time to enter anything into these SEO fields for any of your pages. But, Google does use the keywords you enter in Settings > SEO > Meta Keywords for your web site, so you should enter your desired keywords there. You can confirm that Google ignores anything you enter into Pages > SEO Settings > Page Description by simply looking at what Google displays for your page description vs. what you have entered for it. 

Message 4 of 4